Tuesday, January 27, 2009

#016-365 Award

I am not big on trophies or mementos, but this is one that I would fight to retain or get back if it was stolen. 170 is the highest finish one can attain in the game of darts, as the badge shows the one way of getting it is to throw two consecutive triple 20s followed in the same throw by a Bulls Eye (50).

It isn't the highest score which is 180 three consecutive triple 20s, but you can't end in this as you must finish with a double and the Bull is double 25. The 170 is harder because you have to alter your aim point for the final dart.

Normally I wouldn't get overly sentimental about this but at the time I won it, I was in opposition to a particularly unpleasant female who would do anything to win. After I had thrown the first two sixties,I most likely would have rushed the shot as it is rare to get a shot at this, however just as I took stance she bellowed "Ron'll never get this!" To my credit I stopped, stepped away from the Oche and replied "You're most likely right Donna" - But She Wasn't.

I never miss an opportunity to drive her crazy by flashing the badge and Thanking Her, and yes she hates me which is good. In my league there are a few guys and gals that have heaps of these (I have only one and would love another) but most players don't even have one and it has value for me.

11 comments:

tterlyn said...

This is a very clear and colorful shot. very nice. congrat's on the win too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the achievement! Its a cool-looking award too...

Chesney said...

congrats on the win, sometimes it is just nice to have that little something to rub in people's faces who have big egos! Nice use of your award! :) Colorful and clear image!

Anonymous said...

Ron, you have every right to be proud of this. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! And for the satisfaction of winning against an annoying opponent.

Debra said...

Oh, very cool win. Congrats, good detail in the photo.

Anonymous said...

A great story and beautiful award!

Madelaine

terricreates said...

Very cool and something to be proud of.

DART said...

Thankfully not all us Donnas are alike! ; P Congrats on your award and I'd be flashing it at her too if I were you!

mljrbg said...

Congrats on the award. Darts are a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive mate! Whenever I used to play darts I was seeing double, does that mean I would get four of those?