Friday, February 20, 2009

#281-365 Show us your Bokeh

Like others I hope I have the concept right, I achieved this by concetrating on the stamen and letting the background look after itself. I was really happy as the pollen that you can see was barely visible to my poor old eyes.

Subsequent info:

I had to ask the boss and she said "Its a Lily" so I asked what type? the amswer was "How the h%^l would I know!" So now you know as much as Sally and I combined. Technically as I understand it "Bokeh" means foreground in focus, and the background descending into round pixel shapes which wasn't possible with the solid white and green I used the orange to knit together. I was concerned that the green stem would constitute non-bokeh but thought it necesarry to keep partly in focus so that it was obvious that it was a flower part.

20 comments:

Chesney said...

Your eyes are better than my eyes, I would have never seen that (maybe I need to switch to trifocals)! Love this picture and love that bokeh!

barbs said...

Nice picture. What kind of flower is it? This is BOKEH!

Linda S said...

Very nice. I haven't even attempted it yet.

mljrbg said...

You got it!! Lovely shot.

SysterLilli said...

It was a really nice bokeh you have. Love it! :)

jen said...

i LOVE these colors. like a photo superimposed on a watercolor painting.
i am so photographically challenged ... i still need to look up the word bokeh ...
consider yourself warned.

Anonymous said...

Nice, Ron. Lots of detail there.

Brita said...

I love this photo! Wonderful colors. And I've too been wondering about what to post for Bokeh...

terricreates said...

Ron, Its excellent and I think exactly what Bokeh is. Great job.

Debbie said...

Very good macro! One small subject in focus in the right place and it makes a great picture. I looked up bokeh in several dictionaries and it aint there!

Anonymous said...

Wild applause for your photo - I love the way the yellow bisects the bold white and green in the background. Very graphic and wonderful Bokeh!

Anonymous said...

Interesting capture. Good eyes--even if you claim you can't see!

Bo

Kim said...

Great capture, Ron!

Tracy said...

I love your bokeh! Great focus on the stamen, wonderful colours and depth of field.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bokeh (now that I know what it is) and I love the color and wonderful detail you've captured! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice macro. I was thinking bokeh was that thing you put in front of your lens to make your lights in the photo take on the shape of that thing you put in front of the lens.

@Debbie I'll check my two dictionaries.

Anonymous said...

What ever it is, it's a really cool shot!

Candyce said...

I think this is perfect you captured your bokeh wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

Grand job!

Lena Ohlén said...

Hello!
Really nice picture. It is like an abstract painting.

In the swedish list of themes there is no bokeh, but the word for silhouette. I looked it up and the word is coming from japan, and I could'nt find it in my dictionary either.

By the way, thanks for visiting my site.
Lena