Monday, August 10, 2009

#180-365 March to the Beat of a Different Drum


Recently, some of people involved in this challenge have felt the necessity to challenge, my description of Winter in Paradise. As you know recently I have been suffering the effects of the Dreaded Sickness Mongo, but being generous I decided to share it with Sally, who I must admit did not seem all that please at my present. Well yesterday she came to the end of her tether and screamed at me "Get Me out of this house" so again to demonstrate my generosity I took her Overseas, to Bribie Island to be exact.
Although this is just over an hour away and involves no more than driving across the bridge that spans Pumicestone Passage, it is technically overseas as I see it, while there Sally suggested I take a few shots to show you people basking in the swelter of a Northern Summer, that some of us Here Down Under, are battling the fridgid conditions and are just soldiering on until we are blessed with a bit of Summer Fun Too. The first shot is on Bribies Eastern coast in an area that the Locals call "Surfside" although the Moreton Bay Islands prevent anything that would attract Mark Occhilupo or Kelly Slatter, it is better than Redcliffe Surf. The second shot shows some keen fisherfolk and others enjoying the waters of Pumicestone Passage. We see this as Winter hardship but then I guess we just march to the beat of a Different Drum - Have A Nice Day Y'All!

7 comments:

mljrbg said...

I know in a few months we will all pay for the "winter" comments we sent your way. While I think your photographs are beautiful I have a hard time relating to winter when people are in bathing suits and short sleeve tops!! So, in closing, I would like to say that still looks like summer to me!!
(Glad Sally made you go out of the house!!)

Chesney said...

Rubbing in your winters again?? And you call the Systers witches?? This looks like my summer pics here - I am soooooooooooooo jealous, guess your antics worked! :)

Clara said...

Well, you look like you are really suffering. You live in a beautiful place, Ron.

~Val said...

Ron you need to gather all your witty remarks and publish a book.

I hope you didn't have too much shoveling to do after dragging your winter-weary bones out of the house on your way to walking uphill (both ways) through that foul-looking weather. (Can you hear the tiny violins playing in the background?) :-D

Lorri said...

You poor suffering man. Stuck in the ravages of an Australian winter, forced to endure sun, sand and brilliant blue waters. It's heart breaking, truly.

(Lean over this way, Ron, so's I can swat you one for passing that off as winter! It may be what passes for a change of seasons your way but winter it's not!!)

Anonymous said...

You have made some very fine stretches in the course of the challenge but these lovely and warm shots may well snap back....

Anonymous said...

I shall curse you with every shovel full of snow that I fling from my driveway come February Ron!