Tuesday, April 21, 2009

#040-365 Candy

I haven't started by using FLAWED American Spelling so the concept of Candy is alien too;- They are Lollies. And YIPPEE a brand new Lollyshop has just opened up in the Kippa Ring Village Shopping Centre and I plan to be an avid supporter.

These shots were taken a while ago as I wanted to tie them up in a BonBon fashion but the task was beyond my limited skills and although a bit disappointed at my failure, this collage gives a bit of an idea pf hpw someone with a sweettooth sees the shop as they enter it.

The shop is called Lollypop Confections and the variety is amazing, especially the agony of having to choose from the array on view in the main counter (Centre) this is all their handmade selections and although there is a multitude of other selections, and I have a definite predeliction to the Aniseed Balls that they are the only store in the area to stock, I still spend a lot of time loitering around the main counter. Mary Lou let me down by blaming a chimp for stealing the cookies she sent to Tammy and Karen and the other Systers, but now I have somewhere to drown my sorrows.

15 comments:

Lorri said...

You know you live in the right neighborhood if there's a good candy store nearby! If Mary Lou is generously sharing her peanut butter cookies, the least you can do is share some goodies from the Lollypop Store.

Nice collage image of the shop!

Chesney said...

Delicious! Now you know the way to the Syster's heart - candy!! :)

Linda S said...

I like the Hokey Pokey.

Anonymous said...

I don't see any lollies!!!!!! Lots of good color tho!

mljrbg said...

Your collage is beautiful and definitely not a disappointment. You did a fabulous job. However, this brings me to the next question...I don't suppose you will be sending any of these my way will you!!!!!

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
I'm not a candy person, but my hubby would have a field day there!! He has a really bad sweet tooth. Have a great evening!!

Sherrie

~Val said...

I echo the "great collage" cheer. And I never knew that you called candy "lollies". I love that term! Now, if someone (hmmmm) would just send some sweet treats my way, I could show them around by this cool new name!

Anonymous said...

Yummmm! And Tammy - be careful of taking treats from Ron - we need to make sure it's not spiked with anything!!! Nice work on the collage Ron!

barbs said...

Yummy. Doesn't everyone love candy? Nice collage.

annalarssonphotography said...

Delicious! :) And lovley colors!

lijola said...

Too many choices! Great collage.

KimR. said...

YUMMY, Ron, a great photo for the theme!

Anonymous said...

While sweets aren't what I gravitate to, I do like a good sweet once in a while. Therefore, I wouldn't blame you for loitering about the counter for a long while making your selection what with the myriad selections available! Great collage, and colorful too.

Anonymous said...

What a colorful assortment! We have lollipops here but it's a hard candy on a stick. Didn't know if you knew that or not.

DART said...

a sweet tooth? I'd have a big ole sweet body living near that shop! What a selection...how does one decide? or do they? lol