Saturday, May 2, 2009

#172-365 Lines

Another shot taken with my 70-300mm Sigma Lens in Macro mode. A few days before I had discovered and shot in passing a giant spiders web, that I had hoped would be perfect for this theme, but there was too much harsh light and interveening shadows for me to work it into anything useable, so I planned to go down near dawn and have another go at the spiderweb.

I have quoted Rabbi Burns before but he struck again, the web was gone and three support posts were in its place, I snapped them but the spider had done a much better construction job than the cretins who knocked down her web. Disappointed I came home and while wandering around the garden came upon what I took as a solitary threat glistening in the sunlight, went and swapped lenses and voila! If you enlarge the image and look to the left of the horizontal line you will see what justifies it having the title Lines!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing about spiders, they'll always build another beautiful web!
Love this shot, especially those teeny, weeny, barely there lines.
What an eye!

Anonymous said...

Another creative take on a theme! Good eye, Ron!

Anonymous said...

Works for Abstract too! Nice capture on that bold green background to highlight the central element of the theme. (now can you walk that straight line after all the Wild Turkey?)

Anonymous said...

He he. This is perfect for lines.

Chesney said...

This is actually kinda cool - love the single straight web line in those magnificent colors! Very nice!

DART said...

love your instruction to enlarge to make this theme plural! I am just happy to see I'm not the only one with "squint" pics! hee hee See? you are as creative as me after all! ; )

Clara said...

Fabulous shot. The bokeh is wonderful here.