Saturday, January 24, 2009

#001-365 One Hundred

I am addicted to the game of Darts having only starting to play about 10 years ago, I am playing at the bottom end of "A" grade and seem to be improving which a lot of younger players say can't happen cause the eyes are going, but I say what do they know. The focus on my shots must prove that the eyes have gone already.

One of my big thrills is being able to play with a young "Gentleman" (I know why would he have anything to do with me?) Called Simon Whitlock (The Wizard of Oz) take note of the name he is heading for Britain when the weather warms up a bit (Primarily to Put himself in Harms way of some of the best Tungsten Hurlers on this planet) If in the near future his name starts to become prominent, I will be the first to say I TOLD YOU SO!

The kid has ego, all sportsman need that! He is however gracious in both victory and defeat, and I never heard him make an excuse stronger than "He was better on the night! (but next time...) This is a credit to Australia, if only a tenth of sportsmen were like that this would be a better world. (If you want to steal this image it's okay)

(OKAY YOU GOT ME - I SET THIS UP - BUT I HAVE GOT THIS FINISH - on at least four occasions in double in/double out competition if the result is already decided we normally go Bull in - Bull out for the last game of the night - Riggy Didge. If you want bragging though wait until I post #016 Award)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, you leave us with a chuckle. Nice to know your skills are improving. Can't do too much to a dart board except either film it or throw a dart at it, huh?

Sheila said...

Ok I want to know if you shot that or you set it up! Just kidding. Nice way to show the Theme! Sorry to hear your trip was postponed. Hope it's worth the wait!

jo said...

Go for it, Ron! You don't need to see the dart board clearly to know where to aim.

Chesney said...

Love it! I used to play darts in my younger days! For Christmas we got the boys an electronic dart board so we have been playing a game or two a night - I used to be pretty good, but not anymore - definitely a skill that goes away - Ha!

Anonymous said...

This is a great shot, in more than one respect.

And it brings back such great memories. My husband was in a dart league years ago - when our kids were babies. I'd load the kids up and we'd go watch him play in the real dives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. But a sweeter group of people you couldn't meet.

Bo

barbs said...

I like the concept. ten bullseyes??Wow you are good!! My Dad used to play darts when in the US Navy and I spent many hours at tournaments waiting for him. Good memories. Good Luck also in your game

Anonymous said...

Great shot, Ron! And if you threw those three darts they were great shots, too! I really like the colors and composition of this image.

Anonymous said...

Ron, your dartboard makes for a great grunge background. :-)
I really like the textures and colors in this one.

Sunny said...

We used to play darts as kids--until I got my big brother with one. It was an accident! ;)

Debbie said...

I enjoy your comments and your photo interpitations,really enjoy your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love the color and the lines in the board and of course the sharpness...

Clara said...

This is wonderful, Ron. I love the repeating patterns in the dart board.

mljrbg said...

Darts are fun. I've only played a couple of times but I suggest you don't stand anywhere near the dart board when it's my turn!!

Anonymous said...

My kind of shot! I love the gritty texture of the board and the pop of color. What's the 100 Hundred refer to - the score?

Anonymous said...

I love this photo, the colors, the lines & the curves and the position of the darts! Now let's see those ten bullseyes!

Madelaine