Tuesday, August 18, 2009

#013-365 Architectural Detail

This is one Architectural Detail that really stamps the place where it is located, and the other Iconic Sydney site is visible behind it. I had just walked around the Opera House, after my visit to Taronga Park Zoo, when I encountered a Japanese Family comprising A Grandmother, (Very Ancient - Very Angry), Her Son (also Angry), His Son (Crying his head off - Very Loud), and the beleaguered Mother of the child (Who was almost in tears herself, because of being yelled at).
As I approached, the Husband glared at me, so I immediately commented "You must be so proud!" which appeared to confuse the Gentleman who was the only one with any English, as He translated, He turned back to me puzzled and asked quizzically, "Proud, why proud?" So I explained "Your son is so young and already he has sung at the Sydney Opera House and at the top of his voice". When I left they were all smiling and laughing (especially Mum), except the baby who obviously hadn't finished his Operetta. Who was that Masked Man?

14 comments:

Chesney said...

Only you know how to break the tension w/ a smart remark! Quick thinking (can hardly wait to see you in your mask and your super hero tights....) LOL

~Val said...

Ron, you crack me up!

Visiting the Sydney Opera House is on my "life list"...maybe I'll see that young man perform? (ha ha)

Anonymous said...

What a story and kudos to you for turning their anger into laughter. And I wish I had known you were headed to Sydney Ron - go check out my instructions to you in my Chocolate Interlude post.

lijola said...

Agree with Val - I want to see this, too. I like the angle of the photo and the blues are wonderful. However, the tights...hmmmm, I don't think so....

Anonymous said...

Of course it's beautiful there... and i can't help not to laugh w/ your awesome remarked to the tourist, i think it's cute.

Linda S said...

Your description of Angry and Very Angry was really funny. Your story was icing.

Livet på Citronodlingen said...

A classical! But from another angle that one usually see, right?
I love your story! It would have been fun to see their faces!

Anonymous said...

lol - leave it up to you, Ron, to break the atmosphere of a difficult situation. Your thinking and action was magnificent! The Sidney Opera House, is always Magnificent. No one could ever mistake it for anything else but the Opera House in the Sidney Harbor.

And how could one mistake you and your quick wit for anything else but Ron "Danudins"??

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
I'm in northeastern Indiana in the U. S., and if I saw your photo I would know where that is. It's a beautiful piece of architecture!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-myphotosgoodorbad.blogspot.com/2009/08/163-of-365who-put-that-there.html

Kim said...

Funny story and quick thinking on your part, Ron! Bravo!

John said...

Great shot and story.

Anonymous said...

Quick thinking, Ron! My daughter visited the Opera House a couple of years ago and just raved about how beautiful it is - great shot with really good conrast.

Anonymous said...

I love this shot and you couldn't have picked a more perfect photo for this theme. One of my girlfriends was there in June. She raved about Australia and how beautiful the Opera House is. Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Funny story. Amazing photo- you're very lucky to live so near to world-famous landmarks. I don't think that there is a single thing that I could take a picture of around here that would be instantly indentified as "Cincinnati"... I will try though! ;-)