Wednesday, October 14, 2009

#130-365 Grin


Having held on to the little smiley face I spotted on the ground outside the Redcliffe State School just after recess (in Queensland it is called "Little Lunch") one day, I thought it was going to be my grin for the challenge, until I came upon this cherub at Noosa and while pointing at my camera (To ask if I may snap her) I asked HER "What happened to your face?" and I was gigglingly informed "My friend painted it - Of Course!" so I asked her if I may photograph the artwork, and she asked "May he mummy?" seemingly tasting the word MAY on her tongue. The GRIN I got would indicate she liked the taste. As the disappeared behind me I heard her ask, "May we go and get a drink Mummy, then May we go and look at the Giant Pelican and then May we .....?".
That all being said I could not forsake the forlorn little smiley that I had spotted weeks ago, so as a special treat you get two for the price of one! Lucky You.

10 comments:

DART said...

What a find...you definitely doubled our viewing pleasure today...those smiles are contagious for sure!

Chesney said...

Cute smiley, but I do have to say, that little girl's huge grin is worth a thousand words! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Ron, to me that may be the best shot you've posted. And I loved hearing how you elicted the big grin. Wonderful!

(I'm sorry to say, but I think including the second photo lessens the impact of your great portrait. Just my opinion though....)

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
I like them both! But I will have to say the little girl is much prettier to look at. Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-myphotosgoodorbad.blogspot.com/2009/10/206-of-365fruits-of-season.html

lijola said...

What a cute kid! It really looks like she was enjoying herself - pure happiness!

~Val said...

She is just darling.

Anonymous said...

My two favorite shots that you've posted! Love the whimsie of the smiley face - great find to spot that on the pavement, and that little girls grin is just precious!

Brita said...

What a cute grin! Just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Glad you found both these great smiles!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Sheer bubbling joy!