Sunday, November 15, 2009

#202-365 Notes


I thought that I would come back to Brisbane from Sydney for this second post of the day as we are departing for Darwin later this morning (Ah no rest for the wicked they say) this is the concert hall of the Brisbane Town Hall in King George Square, named after King George V (Not the one you Yanks had such a disagreement with). This was a quite difficult shot, with the given lighting (I had just finished snapping skateboarders out in the square - Breaking the law, alas I didn't capture their faces) I find that sort of adjustment in settings to be a challenge, to get right, and am more than pleased with this snap of the magnificent Pipe Organ holding Center stage. See you all when I get back from The Top End!

6 comments:

Chesney said...

I am in awe, this turned out outstanding! The lighting makes this image difficult to shoot and you nailed it! Nice!

And thanks for posting your vacation destination....nothing like rubbing salt in the wound! Have a wonderful week!

BobbieCoughlin said...

You did a good job with the challenging lighting.

Clara said...

Great shot, Ron. Beautiful tones.

~Val said...

Oooh...my pops is a HUGE fan of these pipe organs. This is a lovely example. Fabulous, soft lighting.

lijola said...

Beautiful hall. I think you did rather well with your lighting and I like the theme interp.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. It must have been very tricky getting the exposure right.