Monday, May 4, 2009

#196-376 Navigational Aids

Sally, her friend Ceridwin and I went out to lunch the other day, up into the Blackall Ranges just North of Brisbane at a place called Monteville, which is a small settlement, with fairly strong ties to the Olde English style, I imagine only Aussies can conjure up, and believe really existed.

I have never been to the old Dart (Britain) too damn cold for my thin blood, but the "Old English Pub" we dined at was called The Pennyfathing Hotel, and if you want it's exact location just backtrack from the information listed on the convenient pole just opposite the table we dined at. As you can determine it is almost in the middle of everywhere, going by the distances listed.

I will be showing one or two shots of the pub in days to come, but for now just let me say that, the meals were all superb and really more than we were able to consume (except for one guts who shall remane nameless), reasonable priced, the publican was cheerful, helpful and full of Joie De Vie, and I hate him cause he has a Nikon D80 and I can only afford a D70. In addition to all this if there is a better view for the price we paid for our meals, I will just go back there and eat again and not be convinced by any argument.

16 comments:

Chesney said...

I'm already lost, I think I need a drink just to find the pub!

Nan said...

Looks like a beautiful view from there--almost as if you could see the places depicted on the sign from there.

Rachel said...

What a great set of signs. Nice shot.

DART said...

Pub fare and photos! sounds like a win/win day out to me! Like the signs too!

Anonymous said...

Love that blue sky! Sounds like a wonderful place and I can't wait to see more! Your interpretation of this theme is fabulous!

Linda S said...

Cool sign and look at all that lovely sky for a background.

mljrbg said...

I love this photograph. It's high above everything else and sends you in every direction!! I think I might enjoy a meal in this pub!!

tterlyn said...

I'm with Chesney, Let's have a drink and look at that again...
This is a great shot good direction keeps your eyes and thoughts moving.

Clara said...

I would love to eat in the pub, but-looking at those signs- I would need a drink when I got there.

Anonymous said...

I love this sign - but the background is very cool!

annalarssonphotography said...

Great set of signs you've got there! :) Nice shot!

Lorri said...

Good call for the theme, Ron! I love the signs and the background view.

Candyce said...

ummm I feel like the scarecrow in the wizard of Oz

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh - I see I'm only 17,724 klms away Ron - is that too close for comfort?

Anonymous said...

An amazing view indeed, perfect sign for when you come to the states...

Anonymous said...

Now, which way shall I go. Nice shot.