Saturday, March 21, 2009

#072-365 Curvy

For those expecting a photo of "kisbear" for this post will be slightly disappointed (many wouldn't have passed the censor), although many will see a similarity, I will just say that, the tongue on the creature pictured is no where sharp enough for anyone to mistake it for Karen, I know, I have suffered under that lash before and have the scars to prove it.

Couldn't quite get the traces of reflection out of this shot as the bit just above the snakes head defeated me utterly, the others should be hard for you to detect, There was a lady with a pink top reflected in the area where the light yellow rock is, and I am especially proud that I can't see a trace now, and I hope I made it look natural but will take any advice, as all I used was the clone tool set to a time devouringly small size.

I was hoping to get this photo with the tongue forking out, but that wasn't to be, which just goes to prove it isn't "kisbear" as I don't think a camera quick enough to capture a shot of her with her mouth actually closed, has yer been invented, I think they are limited to about two trillionths of a second.

Joke: What is the definition of a "Nano Second"?
:A Nano Second; the amount of time that elapses between the actual time of the Traffic Light turning Green and the point at which the clown in the car behind starts leaning on his horn.

21 comments:

mljrbg said...

Not at all fond of snakes but this is a gorgeous shot!!

~Val said...

Great shot! Fabulous colors!

Linda S said...

I'm with mljrbg--I'm not too fond of snakes, but its a great shot of one. Thanks for the joke. I needed it.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and you did well on the glass and reflections, sure no sign of anyone in pink...

Anonymous said...

Nice shot here, Ron. Snakes are okay as long as they are not trying to share the space I am in. :D

What kind of snake is he? You did well on getting the photo presentable.

jo said...

Beautiful shot. I sure don't see anyone in pink.

barbs said...

Great snake!! I actually like snakes - I used to capture them and keep them when I was a kid. My Mom always made me release them. Don't keep any now my DH would freak!

Brita said...

Great shot of a snake that I too prefer to be somewhere else than in my space.

Pennyz Image Inn said...

Although snakes are not my most favorite thing. If I was honest I would tell you that they scRE ME TO DEATH LoL.. This ia a great shot. The colors are great.

Pennyz Image Inn said...

Snakes scare me to death LoL. But I must admit. This is a great shot with very nice colors.

Kathy said...

Great shot...especially with shooting behind the glass!

Maria said...

Nice picture of a creepy animal. I admit I`m a phobic, but on picture they are ok as long as they not look like they gonna jump out of the screen and strangle me to deat or eat me.

Chesney said...

Have you noticed kisbear has been missing today? I think your post proves it, you feed her to the snake (he does look quite plump)!! I sure hope she shows up or you will have the evil twins and allies after you!! :) BTW, great cloning!

Anonymous said...

The depth of these colors is great Ron!

Anonymous said...

See what happens - I go easy on you and leave nice comments and BAM, I get abused to no end. Just to prove that my tongue is not as sharp as you profess, I will compliment you on your cloning... but watch your back Mister!

Edmund said...

If the glass bothers you why don't you ask permission to enter at your own risk and quickly take a glass free picture of a cute, little, harmless little snakie. Nicely done.

Candyce said...

I hate snakes but this sure meets the theme for curvy

Anonymous said...

Whoa...nice curves as long as they're behind glass!

annalarssonphotography said...

I'm really scared of snakes.. But this is a gorgeous shot! :)

Anonymous said...

haha firstly to the Nano Second joke !
Nicely captured of this slippery little creature. What sort of snake is it Ron ?

Anonymous said...

Great snake shot. Glad it is not around here though.