Wednesday, April 1, 2009

#290-365 Smooth

Here is the last of the shots that show one of the birds displayed in the Taronga Free Flying Display that I have been featuring of late. It is a repeat performance by the White breasted Sea Eagle that you saw so closely in my Cropped post, but this time he is in flight. The bird is so attuned to this show that it did three flights over the audience and I was able to capture this on it's last pass and to me it was just soooo SSMMOOTTHH!
This bird is such an accomplished flyer that on it's second pass, a Magpie got just a little too close and the Eagle Jinked to the right, (Causing me to get a shot of fresh air ONLY) so it could have been the reason for the third pass as I don't think the handler needed to deal with an agitated Eagle. So I assume he sent him back out to settle down a bit, which must have worked because the cropped shot followed this flight, and you could see how "Settled" he was.

Now you know me "Never Complain Ron" but in commenting on my Magic post, SysterLilli let the cat out of the bag that she was a member of WoW too, thats okay, Merlins Power WILL protect me. That isn't a problem cause I think Sally is in cahoots with this crowd too, and I Know that just cause I am Paranoid, it doesn't mean that people AREN'T out to get me! But one of her statements needs addressing, she said inter-alia,and I quote; "
Have you really never seen this book before? Well, I wonder. ;)

Now I want to know who is telling everyone that I "Never Let Fact Stand In the Way of a Good Story". Now you know that it is "Danudin" Company policy to neither confirm or deny such statements, but you must understand that there are people out there who take every single thing I say as Verbatim, now it is not nice to go casting Nasturtiums, like that Karen, Tammy, or whoever. I may lose my credibility!

12 comments:

Sherrie said...

HI!
Love this shot!! Looks like really smooth flying or gliding to me! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Ron lose credibility??? Hah! Nice shot!

Debra said...

Wonderful shot! Love these birds.

Chesney said...

Welcome to the WOW, SysterLilli, so glad you joined our elite group! And Ron, I see you have met our "flying" messenger! Isn't he a beauty?? Gorgeous shot!

Lorri said...

Your flight shots have been beautiful, Ron.

Although I'm not sure if I read a confession or a challenge there in your commentary!! You are always enjoyable, that's for certain.

Anonymous said...

He's a beautiful bird, on the ground or in flight. It is marvelous that they know their routines! And even more so that you have been able to capture their flights and bring all of this to us for our enjoyment! Thanks! And good job!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful series of shots. Love the birds!

Clara said...

Great picture, Ron. This looks like a very interesting place that I would really like to visit.

Anonymous said...

Again, another great photo. "Never let facts stand in the way of a good story" - sounds like a winning philosophy to me. G'day. (Didn't know I was bilingual, did you?).

Anonymous said...

Another great shot! It looks as if the bird is following the stairs right up to the top!

DART said...

seated in the crowd, I would definitely want to be wearing a hat with all these birds flying overhead! Good shot!

Candyce said...

Ok so did he get anyone on his fly over? I always fear I'm going to get pooped on!