Thursday, January 22, 2009

#341-365 Two

The theme might miss for some but this is the closer, throughout I have reiterated the importance of the Rainbow Serpent, here that entity is seen sliding under the main character of this panel. I said before that I didn't believe that the Rainbow Serpents head or tale is shown, because in my limited exposure to this culture, it rarely is (I have never seen either) I believe you would enjoy exceptional status to see such a drawing. This figure represents a "SNAKE" I am not sure which snake but it looks like a constrictor to me.
Note that it is only two toned whereas the Rainbow Serpent is generally multi hued. But even snakes come under the auspices of the Rainbow Serpent hence it is supporting the snake here. Now don't get me wrong some snakes and some spiders can be dangerous but generally (with a few exceptions they try awfully hard to get out of your way. I have passed this information on to Tammy but maybe the rest of you should know, "Some Snakes and Some Spiders CAN'T Talk - Honestly - they just bite you to say hello" friendly little critters that they are. If your going to come to Australia (where your Dollar has $1.42 in spending power) don't worry about the wildlife in the cities they have become so adept at avoiding us that most people aren't even aware of who they share their properties with. If you got the chance to get outback and see the most effective traveller on earth, The Red Kangaroo travelling at about 40 MPH for up to 50 minutes seemingly without effort, and if one comes close and you notice that each of their leaps can be between 20 - 30 feet and 10 foot fences don't even cause them to blink, you will be addicted and you will come back. Or travel though the Red Centre, Tennent Creek, Alice Springs and encounter a herd of camels which have bred wild and are now round up and exported back to the Arabian States to revitalize their breeding herds. Or see a cloud in the distance and when you get nearer you see that it is a swarm of over 20,000 Wedge Tailed Eagles (Bigger Than Bald Eagles) circling a scrub fire looking for small animals fleeing the flames. Or if you are Really, Really, Really lucky and find yourself at Uluru when it rains you just may never leave, you people live for colour, tone, texture, hue and light and I will tell you that you never have and never will see the like of Rain on the Rock, there is magic there that would stop Merlin in his tracks.

One final disappointment my holiday has been put off until feb 3, so I'm sorry the noise continues. Respect, all of us one for each other.

12 comments:

jo said...

Thanks for another chapter written by a master storyteller.

Chesney said...

I don't think I will be saying "hello" to any snakes! :) I am afraid if I came to see your area, I just might not leave - I would have a suitcase packed and just move in with you (along with 2 boys, a husband, 2 dogs, turtles, etc). You better stop making the outback sound so inviting...

Anonymous said...

Your images and descriptions are so entertaining and enlightening! I haven't commented on every one but I have read each post and enjoyed them!

mljrbg said...

Thanks for another, very interesting, photograph and commentary. This has been a wonderful learning experience. Sorry you holiday was postponed but now you have something to look forward to.

Debra said...

Sorry your vacation has been postponed. Thank you for the wonderful photos and all the information and history. Australia is on my wish list of places to visit.

SysterLilli said...

Have said it before and will say it again, your stories are quite wonderful to read. So interesting. The snake ... well, there are not one of my favorite animals, but this is so powerful that I can not do other than like it. :)

Anonymous said...

You make me want to visit Australia...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the swell tour! Very educational. The colors and the animals have been exceptional. I would still love to visit.

Candyce said...

thank you again for the story I'd love you did a fantastic job with this series

BobbieCoughlin said...

Just curious...how long is this fence?

PatB said...

I've enjoyed all the painting and the stories surrounding them - beautiful art work. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share these with us.

Edmund said...

Ron, its on my agenda to travel again some day when the financial world gives me back what disappeared so swiftly in the last few months. But for now your interesting stories and travelogue will have to suffice.
Again nicely done and well presented.