Saturday, July 25, 2009

#278-365 Shades of Gray

Took this shot day before yesterday, in that old storm water canal that I posted under grunge, pondered a lot before deciding on the theme. The fact that it was a Gray Heron tilted it to this choice, but you have seen how grungy that area is and I reckon I was dead lucky to have been able to position myself well enough to have the blue sky and the white warehouse wall cancel out the dirty rusty colour of the concrete he is standing on, Grant will hate this but without our bright sunlight I would never have captured the shadow, which gives this shot it's pivotal element and in a way it too is gray!

8 comments:

Chesney said...

Wow, you captured this perfectly! What a beauty (are you sure he's not a statue?? :)

Esther said...

I like how you have a shadow and a reflection! No grunge here, but it is really grey.

Livet på Citronodlingen said...

You got 3 in 1 there ;o)
Beautiful!

lijola said...

Continuing with the western theme: mighty fine catch thar, pardner!

annalarssonphotography said...

Beautiful capture Ron!!
Gorgeous reflection!!

Clara said...

Beautiful picture, Ron. The reflection is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love the way the blue and white split the scene in half and those reflections and shadows are super. Really nice catch here.

Anonymous said...

Excellent shot & interpretation! I love the gray reflections in the water and that beautiful, gray heron...perfect!