Saturday, March 14, 2009

#192-365 Musical Instrument

Here is that statue of Gabriel atop the small church I posted for backlighting. Went through the images I took on my trip and have had a rethink, I feel that if an image suits a particular theme it should be used.

I was tempted to crop closer and just show the statue but decided I like it better on the bell tower. I was however enthralled as I zoomed in at the texture and precision of the face and wings. And it does qualify cause if the stories are true this is the last instrument I am likely to hear, all you good two shoes will have to put up with harp music for eternity, but I think Gabriel will provide my last burst of music.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot - the clarity of the blue sky makes a stunning backdrop. Nice take on this theme too.

PS: I agree with your thinking on themes (how scary that we're thinking alike!). As long as the photo was taken for a specific theme I've given myself permission to post later if I find a day that I don't get to take a shot.

Anonymous said...

Really nice shot Ron. Liberal interpretations of the theme list is part of the fun! Go for it!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Stunning blue--I like the way you've brought out all the detail and texture in the statue and steeple.

Linda S said...

Its even better when you enlarge it.

DART said...

LOL @ Karen's thinking alike comment!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely shot, and I agree it's great for the theme.

Chesney said...

Love the enlarged version and all the details you really picked up!! NICE!

Anonymous said...

I agree it's better with the tower in it. It's a beautiful shot expecially with that gorgeous sky as the background!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful subject against a beautiful sky. Good job, Ron.

Clara said...

I love the way the angel contrasts with the bright blue sky.