Sunday, July 12, 2009

#320-365 The Global Village

This is the last of my shots from the Paniyiri Greek Festival, but one that shows to great effect how I see the Global Village functioning, (Don't worry No Tirade coming). This couple had brought their children to soak up the atmosphere of the event and rake my word, their plan worked a treat.

I had noticed this little boy bopping along to the beat of the dancers posted earlier, (as was his Mum), I wanted to grab a shot of him for "Marches to the beat of a different drum" but before I could get a clear shot she absentmindedly picked him up onto her hip to give him a better view, and as they watched they both kept time with the music as they bobbed and weaved, passing it onto the kids is what it is all about.

If you enlarge the photo I am sure you will see a great number of the nationalities of the world represented here and all of them eagerly watching children displaying their pride and enthusiasm at being Greek Australian members of the Global Village.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! Great shot and gathering. One wishes to be included. The family did a wonderful thing for their children to bring them there and have them relate to the festivities.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, fun shot of visitors from the Global Village enjoying themselves AT the Global Village. Very creative idea!

mljrbg said...

I've really enjoyed your Festival series. By the expression on the mum's face looks like a good time was had by all.