Friday, August 21, 2009

#164-365 Kite


Find myself in yet another quandry, Snapped the first photo, down at Pelican Park at Woody Point, which shows two of the officials of an upcoming Kite Festival (Couldn't get to see the festival, too many cars and Sally had family commitments that superseded photography) who were testing conditions the week before the festival, and I was impressed that two Old Guys (Not Like ME) could control sp many kites at once. I also thought the number and variety in the sky made for an interesting shot.

Two days later I was out wandering around the neighbourhood and found this guy teaching his son HOW TO fly a kite. Dad was no better than I would have been but his son was right into it, and their mateship beamed out of both of them, I asked the kid if he would mind flying the kite horizontally at me for the benefit of the shot, Dad looked hesitant but the kid said "I'll have a go" which earned him a hearty pat on the back from Dad a "Well Done" from me and three smiles that put the Sun to shame. This is the proof that he succeeded when he said that he would "Have a Go" - This is what kite flying is all about so two for the price of one!

11 comments:

Lorri said...

I'm glad you've posted both shots, Ron! The many kites from the professionals are interesting to see but I love the photo and story of the father/son.

Anonymous said...

I love the multiple kites a lot and I really love the story of the second, I hope you make all the people you meet see your blog.

Anonymous said...

I like both shots Ron, the compliment each other.

Chesney said...

A father son moment that will definitely be remembered! Wow, Ron, you do have a sentimental side! :) Love both of these!

~Val said...

I really like the second image - especially because of the nice story that goes with it! Nice bright colors in both images. Well done! :-D

Livet på Citronodlingen said...

First I liked the one with only kites on it best, but after reading the story the other one wins bigtime :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you actually found kites to shoot! I think I like the solo kite the best, but probably just because of the story that goes with it!

Anonymous said...

Love these pics, especially the first one, that sky with those dots of kites is gorgeous! Great story about dad & son...oh & Ron, Go fly a kite. lol

MevetS said...

Hmm ... the theme was "Kite", not 'Kites".

Stretching a theme again.

Anonymous said...

You already have 9 comments here, so really don't need mine. So, just to say liked your shots of the kits and the boys. Love the waterfront photo, the water and the community too. Nice lighting. Bright colors too. Great shots. As usual, your narrative fixes it so it all falls together nicely. Nice job.

Clara said...

Love the story. I really like the shot with the kite on the beach. I like the lowered kite.