Friday, December 25, 2009

#285-365 Silver and Gold


\This is a shot chosen by Sally which depicts the theme to a tee, and considering the comment by Cheerful Chesney to my last post something you could all use right now, I just peeked out the window here, as I thought I heard bells ringing and although there is no Darwin Harbour views in Redcliffe, the Sun had the same characteristic colour to it. Looks like it is going to be stinking hot today.

The Christmas Beetle" (A poem to help tou through the sbow)

When Christmas comes the Christmas Heat'll,
Bring once more the Christmas Beetle!
The first inflammatory Breeze'll,
Set him buzzing like a diesel!
See him soar, see him settle,
Folding up his wings of metal!
See some Sparrow, swift and lowlt,
Strike him swiftly, rnd him whollly!

Life in Australia. Merry Christmas All.

5 comments:

Chesney said...

Ok, I take back my last comment, I wish I were HERE right about NOW!

We currently are in a blizzard warning with about a 4 ft drift in front of my front door, guess I won't be using that for a while...someone doesn't want me to leave! :)

Lorri said...

Merry Christmas, Ron and Sally! Sally is correct--not that you doubted--this is a perfect photo for the theme.

Rachel said...

Absolutely beautiful, Ron.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Sally's got good taste!

Clara said...

This is so beautiful. It is my favorite image of all.