Friday, May 8, 2009

#098-365 Fences

This is the property involved in the stud from yesterday's Entrance posting. I don't know if the shortage of horses in evidence, has anything to do with the current Economic Crisis, but at least the complex appeared pretty well maintained and the few I could see were happily feeding, perhaps Sunny will see things I missed, I'm just a City Slicker, although the Bush is where my heart is.

Some points from yesterdays post though, Yes Vicki, 100KPH = 60MPH + or -, and for those who thought of Brando, there was security in evidence, but I saw now sub-machine guns, and Madelaine, how could you cast Nasturtians on the veracity of my story, I mean is it my fault that I have a good memory, and I didn't plan to jump the Hedge I just employed the good old instinctive fight or flee principal and as the horse weighed over 1,200 pounds and had teeth about six inches long, I dived for cover, which didn't make me happy as I then found myself in an area often frequented by horses, all of whom I had yet to make the acquaintence, too. I wanted back over the hedge but wanted the killer beast gone, first.

As it turned out I really did become friends with both the stable foreman, a retired Policeman who had a remarkable affinity with horses, and who I last saw when they eventually dragged him kicking and screaming from that job at the age of 68, politics got him in the end, the police commisioners son wanted his job, bloody shame really. The young officer and I became friends and I was even invited to her wedding when she married a police cadet, who had got out of the Army, following his return from Vietnam, and had just joined the Victorian Police force, I had met him when I was in the Armoured Corps, but only vaguely remembered his face, but he had remembered me, telling his Fiance that I was always in "More Strife than Flash Gordon" and that I was a card, I haven't seen them for around twenty years and hope they are well.

But with regard to Stories - You Ain't Heard Nothing - Yet!

10 comments:

Edmund said...

Ron, nice shot, I have heard many a fish story and now I'm hearing horse stories. What next.

Anonymous said...

It definately must be enlarged to take in the fences and fences and fences that just go on and on. Wonderful shot - now put those horses back!

Anonymous said...

A different lushness from Kentucky but similar in a way. A fabulous shot.

Chesney said...

"We haven't heard nothing yet" - I'm holding on for the ride! LOL What an image! Love how the eyes lead you through the land - very eye pleasing!

Rachel said...

Wonderful shot. Quite a plethora of fences!

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
Great shot! It looks like a very well cared for farm. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Ron, are you the stud you were referring to yesterday? It's all coming into light now...

Clara said...

It's beautiful. I would love to live there.

mljrbg said...

For a City Slicker you really get around and have taken some fabulous shots includint this one.

annalarssonphotography said...

Great shot Ron - now put those horses back! ;)