Thursday, March 12, 2009

#006-365 Abstract


I am playing catch up here but you are used to the unusual from me (I Think) and anyway from the day the theme list came out I have agonized over this theme - Abstract - that's Art - what do I know about Art? Well the answer in all honesty is - Nothing! What was I going to do, I have scoured every art gallery I could find and saw nothing that even tickled me under the chin let alone socked me between the eyes. This was the one that was going to stump me.

Went out looking today anything abstract, Nada, Nix, Nought and Nothing, but I was thinking Abstract, so just as I was pulling up in our driveway I thought "what is abstract?" - My answer, " The mundane made extraordinary"
What was I looking at Our House and driveway, what could be more mundane than that, "How could I make that extraordinary?"

Then the visit from the Proverbial Fairy Godmother - Wendy the Miracle Worker. I had created some really artistic looking shots using Wendy's Orbs, (Which I learned right here in the Elements Village) a quick snap inside on the computer and Voila! there she Blows! Ron's Abstract Home!

Purely serendipity I promise but I love that the Heart appeared unbidden in the photo, because it does epitomize both Sally and I. Now for the less hard themes. Ha.

15 comments:

Nan said...

Both beautiful and creative-how cool is that! Nice take for the theme--looks frameworthy to me.

Chesney said...

Ok, Ron, I do have to admit, you nailed this art theme, and what a good idea (did Sally think of it)? And then you have to show your romantic side and throw a heart in there, hmmmmmmm....I'd say this one is a winner!!

Rachel said...

Perfect interpretation of the theme, Ron. I love the orb effect. Great picture!

jo said...

Orbs are so much fun. You never know what you're going to get until you just try it!

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Ron!

Anonymous said...

That's a fantastic orb, Ron! A great way to get that pesky abstract theme out of the way.

Anonymous said...

I've been in the same quandary in regards to the abstract theme, Ron, except I don't have anything to even remotely claim as abstract in this tiny community. Thanks for the information. Love the Orb, the shapes and colors. And especially like the way the stairs create the heart overhang. And yes, love the heart too. You were brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is fabulous and so creative! And surprise, surprise....who knew you were a romantic at heart! (besides Sally)
: )

Anonymous said...

Fine way to get past the theme and how wonderful for a heart to appear. Great colors in the orb.

Edmund said...

Ron, thats not your home! The sign says "Drambuie Lodge". Now what?! Great take on this one.

DART said...

serendipity--a word not used enough! love it, and the outcome of your abstract orb art!

Lorri said...

You absolutely got this one right, Ron! Beautiful abstract and wonderful connection between the heart, your home and you and Sally.

Anonymous said...

Super abstract and I do like that heart - I knew that soft and tender side was lurking there.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a wonderful glass paperweight - and I love glass paperweights.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a shot through a glass orb or maybe of a mirror ball! Nicely done.