Wednesday, October 7, 2009

#148-365 Historic


Common sense doctates that anything involving Da Vinci is historic, but after initially joining the Army as an Armoured Corps member, it has significance of a special kind to me. I understand that the first modern Tank was developed by an Aussie for the British and was put into service at Cambrai in 1917 but this was designed way back in the lat 1400's early 1500's and that is real Inventive history. As you cam see I really enjoyed my time wandering around Leonatdo's thought processes!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fascinating exhibit!

lijola said...

Yes, this was amazing in person. I truly had no idea that DaVinci designed this tank - it was/is fascinating.

Chesney said...

I have a feeling that this could be a dangerous place for poor Sally, did she ever escape?? LOL

Esther said...

I'm intrigued by those modern ideas he had. I like looking at his drawings. This looks like a rapid fire situation here.

~Val said...

Love the textures you've captured - especially on the lower photo. I'll bet this was a great exhibit to wander around in...

Anonymous said...

Lucky you for getting to see and shoot this and lucky us for getting to see it through your eyes. I love the idea of the popes paying for his work.

John said...

Must be hard finding subjects older than yourself.
Just saw a program on TV recently about some characters doing a full size replica of his tank.
I like the way you center the tank but caught the people looking the other way.