Saturday, October 10, 2009

#129-365 Green

I thought that I would step a bit outside the Norm set by you lot for this Post. Admittedly the fruit is still Green but just thought that this was the perfect opportunity to, RUB in the fact that Summer is rapidly approaching, and soon the weather will take on a richer hue, as will these Lady Finger Bananas, the only type that it is now permissible to grow, in the backyard garden. This is an effort to protect the commercial crops largely grown in Northern New South Wales, which is really strange as Queenslanders are commonly referred to as "Banana Benders" by those from less Paradisical Climes down South. Jealousy!
This is the second post today as I will be away tomorrow off to Chocolotto land! Yummmm! CUL8R!

8 comments:

BobbieCoughlin said...

I'll bitw--what's the purple thin hanging down from the bananas?

Chesney said...

Hey, it is still green here too (at least until the snow falls)!

lijola said...

It's green here, thanks to some rain. We only turn brown when it stops raining. Nice color and great subject.

Anonymous said...

Green it is - spot on there! I fear that pointy thing is poised to drop on my head though! Looks a bit scary!

Kathy said...

Our leaves are turning but I love all the bright colours of Fall. I'm with kisbear....I don't think I'd want to be standing under that! lol

DART said...

Now there's a shot I wouldn't see if not for this challenge! So cool...bananas here, well, they sit on the store shelf! lol

Sheila said...

We all have to take time to enjoy the seasons and ours is going from Green to Orange to White!

Anonymous said...

Love this one- It's neat to see how the bananas grow on the tree. I'm with DART- we only see them at the grocery on the shelf.