Saturday, February 14, 2009

#046-365 Chalk or Chalkboard

This type of display was my first choice for this theme but , Boy was it hard to find, Fruit and Vegetable shops used to have the best displays but some take away places tried to rival them.

Now days however, it is all stick on lettering and the like and although it is trying to emulate what the owner of this shop has achieved with talent and hard work, in my eye the plastic fails.

I was looking for more but this is a pretty good example of what a Chalkboard is capable of displaying that can't be done on a Whytebord or however you spell it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worth the effort to search it out - very nice illustration of the theme.

Anonymous said...

That's quite a chalkboard! Now I'm hungry. Cool!

Chesney said...

Great themed picture! Too good, you made me hungry - now the weight watcher's police will be looking for you!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I love this shot, especially the illustrated burger. A great find and I figure this theme can be split in half.

Linda S said...

You know, I haven't seen one of those chalkboard menus in a long time. Great find.

SysterLilli said...

Great interpretation! But... now I just have to have something to eat. Your fault! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your writing about chalkboards somehow reminds me of the sidewalk chalk drawings in the movie Mary Poppins. I guess it can be a form of art...

This menu is making me hungry...

Debbie said...

That chalkboard is a work of art. Well worth looking for! Great for the theme.

Sunny said...

It's nice to find something that is so rare nowadays. Far more personality than plastic, backlit board with plastic lettering! This one makes me hungry, though!

Anonymous said...

Great photo for the theme! I like it a lot!

DART said...

Love love love chalkboard menus! I'll have to share a shot or two from around here...(usually find a spelling error or two, so I could use it for that theme as well! lol) I think it's neat to compare prices too.