Thursday, May 14, 2009

#361-365 Wholesome

You know how I am a stickler, for having photos fit a theme exactly, well I've done it again. You may or may not be aware that when it comes to the science of plant recognition, I am a pretty good plumber, but I have it on good authority (Sally and her friend Ceridwin) that this is a herbaceous plant, but all I can tell you is that it has one of the most Wholesome and refreshing aroma.

I was initially pleasantly surprised that the hairs you can see were in fact soft to the touch, as most succulents that I have encountered that have hair, have it for defensive purposes, not so in this case. The sprig that Sally brought in from her garden is sitting on the computer desk where it has been for over five days yet it still retains a pleasant aroma that intensifies when touched. So much like myself the plant is wholesome, although Kisbears silence would indicate that anything associated with me would have to be toxic, so I will finish by saying sorry Karen, I was just pulling your leg.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Ron, we all know you're just like that plant - from afar you appear to have defensive prickly fur, but up close you're wholesome, soft and fuzzy.

Chesney said...

Oh thanks goodness you added that disclaimer at the end (if only for Karen's sake - it works) LOL! Wonderful image and description - I can almost smell the aroma (even over the boys dirty socks) :)

Anonymous said...

Ron, it's a wonderful shot of whatever it is. Great clarity and detail, wonderful color saturation, and really effective depth of field.

Christina, Sweden said...

Great photo and, as always, great description. Looks very nice that plant, sure would love to have some in my garden :-)

Clara said...

This is a great photo. The details are wonderful and the DOF is great.

barbs said...

Nice photo of a very pretty plant. And as usual your story telling is phenemenal. You should capture all your photos with their stories in a book - Ron's Ruminations

Mr. Salad Bowl said...

Great photo :)

As others have said...nice details and DoF.

Rachel said...

Beautiful shot, nice detail. I like the composition.

mljrbg said...

Nice job!! Great explanation. It's a good thing you righted yourself at the end!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color, texture, focus and DOF. Just beautiful!

annalarssonphotography said...

Great photo!
Soft and fuzzy

Anonymous said...

Soft and fuzzy wins every time! Well shot. A sort of mint maybe?