Sunday, June 21, 2009

#139-365 Hands

Another shot taken on my exursion into Brisbane City, yesterday. These hands are found outside the Eagle Centre building, one of the few Highrise office blocks along the Brisbane River giving General Public access to the river while maintaining good entry for it's tenants and clients (Hats off to them for that and the sculpture).

Of special interest to me, is the young lady being forced to use crutches to get around, but who had time to wait for me to get my shot. I thanked her then we had a small conversation in which I told her that I would have been happy to have her in mid shot, anytime. Two reasons, mainly she is attractive and secondly she is just getting on with life which to me is what the hands are saying in essence. She offered to walk through to pose the shot for me but I told her reality counts so I got on with life and changed focus to ensure that she was included in the shot, which explains why the left hand is cramped at the wrist, exuding from the ground.

18 comments:

jo said...

Love that sculpture. You've captured the setting perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Ron, of course I'm referring to the hand.....

Chesney said...

I love your interpretations - and this one fills the bill to a "tee"! Very cool sculptures, but also very cool including the lady on crutches - great use of the symbolism and the theme (although, I really think you were just trying to get an attractive lady in your shot)! :)

John said...

Beautiful sculpture Beautiful shot

Rachel said...

Great sculpture!

Anonymous said...

I like the composition with the lady on the right. And I always enjoy reading what you write too, makes the pictures even more interesting I think.

I can tell you my kids would love to climb those hands. :D

granny said...

Hay Ron, The hands shot you said that the girl on the crutches was a young lay!!!! don't you mean lady
Sis

Kim said...

I love this sculpture!

KimR. said...

Now those are big hands! Very interesting shot!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous find! It's amazing that you were able to capture those attractive women in the shot! lol

mljrbg said...

Beautiful sculpture!! Nice friendly chat you had with a seemingly nice person!!

Clara said...

I love the composition with the people in the picture. It emphasizes the point that you are in a big, busy city.

Esther said...

Having the 'cramped' postion really put the hand into an interesting foreground leading to a story in the background. Ya done good....

Anonymous said...

I agree with Esther - you ended with a great perspective and an unusual shot!

Anonymous said...

Good one Ron - and as usual, you're still using any excuse to chat up the ladies and charm them.

Christina, Sweden said...

great sculpture!
makes me think there is a giant down there.... a bit creepy to walk over in case it breaks out :-)

Anonymous said...

The hand sculptures are interesting - but the people at the right make the photo. Your story really adds to the charm!

lijola said...

These hands are pretty amazing. Thanks for your comments on my photos, as well.