Sunday, November 1, 2009

#262-365 Road or Street

Okay technically this is a Lane, (So lets Call this a "Deaggeration or is that Disaggeration" I mean I have been accused of committing "Ex" so often, call it recompense. The story behind this is maybe a little more interesting than the photo. I was in Fortitude Valley (China Town) just on the outskirts of Brisbane (About Midday - I'm not brave enough for Night Visits there!) There was a guy walking down the lane straight towards me, he was dressed all in black, mostly leather was about 6'8" tall and Big with it - His aura was one of Danger and it was paplable. He saw me take the shot and veered in my direction, as he approached he asked "What are you doing?" I said "Sorry mate you looked like a Giant James Dean coming down the lane and I couldn't resist taking the shot!" He contemplated my answer for an unnerving few moments then said "I don't like having my photo taken!" so I asked "would you like me to delete it?" the reply was "Yes" flat and menacing, so I turned the camera toward him showed him the shot - No change in his expression so I deleted it, then showed him the two snaps either side. One corner of his mouth raised slightly and he said "Good Choice" then left.
Don't get me wrong the chap was polite and well spoken, but I could see the above photo as being headed the place where Ron shuffled off this Mortal Coil. I would like all of you to look at the Lane - Try and picture him coming down it towards you, then tell me your actions would have differed to mine in any way. I regret not having his photo, but I AM ALIVE to tell you about it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've described the situation perfectly - I can see him in that gritty setting. Wonderful shot, and I'm glad you're here to give us the full story.

Sherrie said...

Hi Ron,
Totally understand this photo. Your braver than me. I would have taken off screaming like a banshee. Great shot and story. Have a great evening.

Sherrie
http://sherrie-myphotosgoodorbad.blogspot.com/2009/10/221-222223three-for-today.html

BobbieCoughlin said...

Glad you're alive to tell the tale. I've been questioned twice during this year, but never by a guy that size. But your end result is cool--carries a bit of the threat you describe.

Chesney said...

Sounds like an old western, LOL Fun! I bet if he was that big you could have been able to out run him, think of the stories you would have to tell (glad you deleted the pics, we would miss you here on the challenge)! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the straight on shot and how it leads you down the alley.

PS: Check out my friends pics from their trip Down Under in October. Great shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurinhamuse/sets/72157622461157033/

Clara said...

What a story, Ron. I am glad that you are alive and well to tell it!

lijola said...

Like they say, know when to fold 'em! Well done.