Friday, September 4, 2009

#360-365 Who Put That There?

These were the exact words that Sally used when we first encountered this this oddly designed 5 floor MonstMansionStrocity that had been plonked in amidst what must be considered more conventional structures along the pleasant drive beside the Margate waterfront.
It still hasn't grown on her, but if someone came up with the few Million it would cost to buy and maintain it, I could live there with those beautiful water views, Sally couldn't but then I have always been a show off, or as we call them in Oz "A Two Bob (@0cents) Lair" so living in a fishbowl wouldn't faze me a bit. Apart from which I would love to experience a sunrise through that feature wind!

10 comments:

lijola said...

This looks like it would take forever to clean the windows! Interesting architecture.

Esther said...

This is a stunning bit of architecture. If I weren't so caught up in 'southwestern' I would be in this style...well, I also love oriental...oh yes, what is that called? Eclectic: Any form of art that borrows from multiple other styles. Now, Ron, you can surely come up with a connection to WoW with this word.

Chesney said...

I think I'm with Sally on this one, but that window is nice - hopefully they have blinds LOL You know a gal on a broomstick could get up close and personal w/ those windows...(oh no, I can hear it now...a WOW peeping Tom)....

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Chesney - I think that should read;
WoW a Peeping Tammy!

Anonymous said...

Wow- I think it's a really cool building. Definitely doesn't fit in with the surrounding architecture, but is still very pretty. I bet the views are awesome from the inside! Great shot of it too Ron!

Anonymous said...

Fascinating architecture, especially in that location. We have a number of those on Long Island too, and in NYC as you saw in one of my posts. I answered your question regarding the white windows in this link. http://klsbear.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/august-31-2009-peaks-or-valleys-230/

~Val said...

It's really out of place, but I'll bet those windows will offer up amazing views!

Brita said...

Wow what a house! A bit odd there in between but an interesting building and the view must be fantastic. Could be interesting to live in that "fishbowl" too.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the neighbors think, especially those on the block behind.

Clara said...

That is a gorgeous building. I love all of the windows that must frame a terrific view.