Thursday, June 4, 2009

#359-365 Wheels

Okay it only just makes the criteria, but it is three and not just two, I was just crossing the road up on the Blackall Ranges, where I shot my Something Missing post, when this Trike (Can you legally call a Harley a trike?) burbbled past and this was the best shot I got before they had gone.

If I was a tourist this is the way to see the country within an hour or two of Brisbane, the two passengers looked so layback and like they thought they were royalty being ferried around on a 20th Century Palanquin. At least I got away from the girly stuff of the last few days and onto more macho stuff, John, Mike and Eddie will be so happy.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some strange vehicle! I like your shot, though. Nice vibrant colors and a composition with lots of space to allow for forward movement.

As usual, I shall let others react to your gender bias.

Anonymous said...

Ron, I know for a fact that Harley owners refer to themselves as "Bikers," and would be highly insulted if someone referred to their bikes as "trikes." Bicycle owners, on the other hand, refer to themselves as "Cyclists." Regardless of what one may call themselves, this is a great photo. Good job!

Chesney said...

Now this is fun (and it is good to see your "masculine" side - at least, what's left of it) :)

tterlyn said...

Nice shot I've never Seen a Bike with two seats like that. Wouldn't we all like to be one of those riders, just taking in the scenery. Very Macho Bikers. Macho Shot too! LOL

Lorri said...

Nice shot for the theme, Ron. I like the vibrant colors. Now, admit you liked being in touch with your feminine side and shooting the flowers and birds we've all admired!

Anonymous said...

I like how you captured it entering into the frame. I always found those "big" bikes curious - if you're going to go that far, why not just get a car - much more comfortable. Any by the way, you're getting very good at the girly stuff - perhaps that's your real calling.

Anonymous said...

gosh, I have cousins that work for Harley and get bikes cheap but not like that. Did it have that
Harley sound?

barbs said...

Yeah it's a trike!! It has 3 wheels. Great catch

~Val said...

Looks like fun! Great, bright colors!

Anonymous said...

I like this shot for the theme - but I'm pretty sure it's a good idea NOT to call it a "trike" in front of a biker dude!

Clara said...

Great shot, Ron. I love how the bike is to the far left of the picture. You can feel the movement to the right.

mljrbg said...

Macho...hmm!! Nice shot and story.

Candyce said...

That looks like it would be a lot of fun to ride!