Wednesday, May 6, 2009

#331-365 Times Gone By

Here are three relics from the past, the day was a bit overcast so there was no point having the sun dial in focus, as the shadow was too indistinct, so I opted for the Pennyfarthing that the Pub was named after, I felt that they blended well together.

As Karen and Tammy have already guessed, the third relic is the one operating the camera, such a relic in fact that in my dotage I missed getting a shot, of something Sally saw that I missed out on and didn't hear about until we got home.

That was a Mystical Aborigine Weather Rock, If it's wet - It's Raining, Moving - Windy, White - Snowing, Shaking - Earthquake, Too Hot to Touch - There is a Bush Fire, and if it turns invisible - It has Been Stolen. I personally think it wasn't Old Timers disease that made me miss it, I just wanted an excuse to go back - Soon.

10 comments:

Candyce said...

Very nice shot! I like how you know what the girls are thinking before they write it

mljrbg said...

Can't say I blame you there!! Neat photograph.

Esther said...

Well, your focus was right on. The foreground blur raises the eye to the subject. Yes, you can go back again one day, but you got a good subject here.

Anonymous said...

You absolutely must go back as I want to see that mystical weather rock! Not to say anything against this nice capture but you've caught my imagination with your story and I want the rest of that picture too (greedy little thing, aren't I!)

Chesney said...

Another great image and great commentary! Too bad we didn't get to see the third item - LOL! I am sure you will be heading back soon for that wild turkey...

DART said...

I love how those penny farthings (pubs and bikes) are everywhere! ; )

Clara said...

Please go back Ron and get us a picture of that magical rock. Great story.

annalarssonphotography said...

Nice shot!
But I want to see the magical rock ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pennyfarthing....I'll be waiting for a pic of the Mystical Aborigine Weather Rock!

KimR. said...

Very pretty place! I'd like to see the weather rock, too.