Wednesday, March 18, 2009

#307-365 Stuck

Encountered this relic of the past, It is a Canberra Bomber wikipedia give some good info on it Here, at the start of my trip to Sydney it was the first photo I took on the trip.

I contemplated cleaning it up and even toy around with different colours schemes in PSE but did not like any of them, The disruptive pattern is legitimate if a bit time worn but to me well earned.

As a young soldier these always seemed to me to be the most elegant of warplanes and to my knowledge they did Australia proud. They did not have the longevity of our F111 (Mirage) aircraft, or the terror striking power of the F4 Phatom Jet Fighters but they just looked the part. Shame it can't lift off anymore someone seems to have welded it to this frame - It's Stuck!

15 comments:

Chesney said...

I am surprised you didn't cut it loose to be free....Fun image for the theme!

Sunny said...

Glad to know the welded base is to keep it DOWN, not keep it UP!

Great shot of a piece of history. Cool take on the theme, too!

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, it is 'stuck'!

The blur of the photo seems to fit the idea of this big bomber emerging from the clouds to let loose it's cargo...

Debra said...

A good looking bomber. Glad to see that there are some still flying though recently retired. They probably stuck it down so you wouldn't take it home.

Maria said...

Great picture for that theme. So powerful and yet stuck, no more takeoff for that aircraft.

Anonymous said...

Since I'm an old air force guy, I really like planes. I was hoping to do some plane spotting later this year - maybe get some photos of them coming in on final approach or taking off.

mljrbg said...

Very interesting commentary. I'm glad you didn't clean it up. I think it has more character this way.

Anonymous said...

This is a great shot Ron! Love the grays of the sky and the plane...they look like they might be melding into each other. Also, thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

My DH used to work on airplanes and misses doing it. He used to also be on a crew that flew into hurricanes. I think he also misses that. But, the time he was called in do several weeks in a class he needed, and his crew went down - - the person who replaced him on the crew was one of those who did not survive. That shook him up.

Great photo and commentary.

Nan said...

Glad it wasn't "stuck" back in the day! It's nice though that anyone can get a good look at it now that it's "stuck".

Clara said...

Love your take on the theme, Ron. I love to look at old planes.

Anonymous said...

I like your take on the theme. Although it's stuck it still has a menacing demeanor as it's angling in for attack.

Anonymous said...

A great take on the theme,it does look to be wanting to be back in the clouds.

Candyce said...

looks like this put in it's time - nice shot

Edmund said...

Well I guess it is stuck. But someone else did the sticking. Nice shot.