Saturday, October 24, 2009

#114-365 Fruits of the Season

This is my breakfast bowl, containing Meusli (cardboard with dried fruit in my opinion), Strawberries, Kiwi Fruit, Banana, Paw Paw, Blueberries liberally covered in Yoghurt then topped off with full cream milk. It won't be long before these fruits are out of season and I will go back to toast and crumpets and the like. I know that I can get these fruits out of season in the modern age, but the modern age hasn't found a way of freezing the flavour successfully with the fruit. Makes you want to wake up each morning, and at my age that is a good attitude to start the day with, or else I may wake up dead!

7 comments:

BobbieCoughlin said...

Sure wish strawberries were in season here! But it looks like a wonderful breakfast.

tterlyn said...

I'll take the fruit you can have the rest. LOL....Looks good.

~Val said...

Yummy! Nice bright colors against the yogurt (we spell it differently up here...)

Nan said...

Looks like you've found a way to make cardboard cereal edible--with all that fruit and cream, you'll hardly notice you're also eating cardboard.

Chesney said...

Well if that is your choices, I am glad you have fresh fruit to wake up too, it would be boring w/out you! :)

lijola said...

Now that's how you top cereal!

Clara said...

Great take on the theme, Ron. Looks delicious.