Sunday, May 3, 2009

#306-365 Stripes

In spite of Karen's suggestion that I paint black lines on Snow (The cat we got from the pound) I decided not to succumb to her evil influence, this is a shot I rook when I was at Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, remember how hot I said it was, the most energetic thing this poor fellow did was twitch his skin to dislodge flies, the tail never even moved.

With regard to Snow - The reason she hasn't featured much is that she has been a fair amount of worry for us - Not her fault, the mongrels who had her for seven years then just dumped her at the pound where we now feel she languished for the entire seven months of her stay. She has some Gingivitis problems which effected her eating and that was a real drama for us but some cortisone seems to have fixed that for the short term and we will repeat it as necessary.

To date she has been very standoffish but I hope that signs that she is starting to trust us are not just in my imagination, but she is still one really nervous cat and needs it to happen slowly, slowly, I got a shot of her sitting on our new lounge above Sally's head last night that I hope to process and show this afternoon of tomorrow, and with time I hope we end up with a confident, trusting Puss who is going to be able to enjoy life to the full, cause from my point of view whatever her problems, I aint giving up nor will I disappoint her again. Until later enjoy the Horsie in pyjamas,

10 comments:

Nan said...

Poor hot horsie--bet he wished he could take off his pajamas! Nice picture. Thanks for the update on Snow as well--hope she gets settled in soon.

Anonymous said...

Nice crisp shot, it does look hot, poor thing. Continued good luck with Snow's confidence.

Chesney said...

Talk about us being evil, at least we don't spray paint a horse! :) Poor kitty, hang in there, she'll come around! some people just shouldn't have animals - it makes me so mad when they abandon them!!!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Song from my childhood: "Look there, Daddy, do you see, there's a horse in striped pajamas." "No, that's not a horse at all; that's an animal people call a zebra." "I see; but it still looks like a horse in striped pajamas to me."

Rachel said...

Nice composition. That poor zebra LOOKS hot.

Sunny said...

Wow, it's May 3rd there, still May 2nd here! You're a day ahead of us. (Why didn't you tell me Friesian Fire would finish 18th in the Kentucky Derby? I might have saved a friend of mine a bit of money--I expected FF to win! Think how much the friend would have won if he'd known the day before that Mine That Bird -- at 50-1 -- would come home first!)

Love your stripey pony shot. I suspect we're much more impressed with him than he is with us!

Anonymous said...

More likely you had the can of paint out and Sally threatened you, but this is a wonderful shot for the theme. I do hope that little Snow will show more trust and affection as your care for her starts to take hold on her psyche.

annalarssonphotography said...

Great shot! And focus!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this for stripes! I was thinking of the same thing. Love the angle you shot him at.

Candyce said...

Yep that has stripes alright