Sunday, February 1, 2009

#043-365 Celestial Body

See it's TRUE the Moon is made of green cheese, and it has spilled out and taken over the surrounding space.

No really I was envious at all the wonderful Moon shots you lot were displaying so I went out to get a shot through the pena tree just off the road.

Through the Viewfinder it looked good but I suppose that using the night portrait setting with flash made for a longer exposure that I had supected, and all three shots that I took turned out like this (This gave the best definition of the moon) so other than cropping and adding the Signature anf frame and minimal light level enhancement it is as I first saw it. Was humming and ahhing whether to use this theme or oops, but decided that I would most likely come up with something more oopsy than this pretty moon shot.

(Reason for double post - trying to get ahead before trip)

19 comments:

jo said...

The green cheese makes a good background that's a little different from the usual dark sky.

Anonymous said...

Why is your sky green?

John said...

It's a gorgeous shot Ron, I really love it but I'm shooting crescent moons and you're giving me a full moon.

Rachel said...

I think it is a lovely shot and much better than any of my attempts! I'm probably going to have to photograph a "moon pie" in order to check this theme off! I love the green background and the detail on the moon's surface is very nice. Good job!

Chesney said...

I liked your explanation of the green cheese better! I actually like this because it is different than what everyone else is putting out there! Are you sitting down? Nicely done! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so different with the green instead of blue/black! Nice details in the moon. Nice job!

mljrbg said...

Glad you got your photograph and a nice one at that!! Have a great vacation.

Candyce said...

huh..it took me a few times to see what this was..interesting effect shooting through the trees I guess that's where the green hue came from. I like your tale about how the moon is really cheese better

DART said...

I knew it! the green cheese theory has now been proven! yay Ron! lol maybe you can have Sheila's green eggs to make yourself a green omelette!

Sunny said...

Interesting! I didn't know the sky downunder was green! Learn something every day!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful shot, especially with the green cheese!

SysterLilli said...

This is really a great shot. Fantastic! Very good work! I love the green cheese. :)

Anonymous said...

I really like this! The green background makes it unusual and interesting.

terricreates said...

Ron you are just so cheesy! LOL great shot the colors make in so interesting.

BobbieCoughlin said...

gorgeous moon--I didn't know teh sky is green down under.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... green cheese. Prefer the kind with the blue streaks myself.

Edmund said...

Ron, I love the fill light the flash gave to the visible moon craters. Great shot.

~Val said...

Wow! I missed this first time around! This is a great shot!!

Esther said...

You picked the right one to have as a favorite! I can't get that detail with my lens....maybe someday I will get a bigger one. I like the green!