Saturday, January 10, 2009

#163-365 Kids, These Days

Went out yesterday to try and get a few creepy crawlies in a local mangrove for a guy on Photocamel who wanted some Aussie Bug's for his forum and encountered these two 12-15?? year-olds
out doing basically what I had done as a kid. Thier $200 sneakers were just laying on the shore the weather was over cast so lets walk out and fish the channel was their idea - Been there done that. You hear plenty of bad/negative stories but these kids were friendly chatty and full of life. Oh yeah there are Bull Sharks in this river not to mention Stonefish, Blue ringged Octopus and a million other things that can kill ya, but it would not have stopped me either at their age. When you are early teen you ARE BULLETPROOF

7 comments:

Lorri said...

Nice shot, Ron. And I love your perspective on the whole kids being kids aspect.
I was intrigued by your description of some of the water's inhabitants. That's a big difference between your locale and mine--we don't have a lot of killer wildlife!

Chesney said...

Oh Ron, don't tell me that, you forget I have teenagers. Oh things mom's must never know...
Beautiful image by the way!

DART said...

Must be teenage BOYS! *grin* Beautiful place to fish!

Anonymous said...

I had four sons and two daughters. The boys were always coming home for me to patch them up! So, I understand your thoughts exactly! They have no fear. Good shot.

Iona

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, Ron! I love the way you've captured the cloudy sky. Back in the days when I was a kid our sneakers didn't cost $200 and we kept them on our feet when we went wading in the river.

Anonymous said...

I remember bulletproof ... and sometimes I actually miss it! Great story and great shot!

Anonymous said...

Good one, Ron. Did you wait to make sure they made it out alive?