Thursday, May 21, 2009

#303-365 Still Life

Whilst walking into Redcliffe last week to teacj Indonesian Language classes at U3A, I had my camera with me and was attracted by the little splash of red in this flower in someone's garden so stole a shot. As I was walking away I looked at it in the LCD screen and enlarged noticed this little lizard.

Back I go and he hadn't moved an inch from the first photo, so I got a little closer and took this shot, with just one bloom and he still didn't move, so I guess in essence he picked the theme for me. Lizards have to remain still while sunning themselves else they become bird breakfast.

11 comments:

Chesney said...

Maybe the lizard was a statue and you better check your eyes LOL! Cool picture!

mljrbg said...

Great shot of the little guy!! He must have been waiting for you to come back!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great what you find where you least expect it???

Lorri said...

Nice surprise. I didn't notice him lurking there until I read the story with the photo.

Esther said...

Oh, yes, I find lizards where I least expect them...in my bathroom, living room, kitchen....that darned cat! I took a photo of the last one. He had very pretty patches of color on his back and brightest blue sides. I like the layout you have with the lizard near the hibiscus. I wish hibiscus grew all year long here...alas....

Edmund said...

Nice dead lizard, Ron:) Try to be more careful next time.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful when I find something in a photo that I failed to notice in the viewfinder. It is like a gift. Think this little lizard knew to be still until he had warmed up his blood. He can't move fast until he is warm. He was smart. Glad you went back to get a better photo of the little creature. Nice shot. Love the flowers too.

Clara said...

I love all of the colors in this shot. The lizard is an extra added treat.

Anonymous said...

Perfect shot for the theme. I was looking at the flower like Lorri was.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful shot - great capture, and I love that little aside about heading to "teach Indonesian Language classes" - another fascinating tidbit of personality you've been hiding.

BobbieCoughlin said...

I didn't notice the lizard at forst--I was busy admiring the flowers.