Sunday, March 22, 2009

#187-365 Monotone

My dictionary defines this as sound related, I didn't know how to photograph sound, That's most probably one of Alibony's advance lessons that I haven't got the video for yet. So Monochrome will have to do.
This isn't a lighting trick, even though the light is subdued it is almost as I saw it. To me is the manner in which the chameleon (Yes Tammy in is from Madagascar too but it isn't a Lemur or even an Ocelot!) becomes so hard to see, almost like me at a conference for the confidence challenged.

Luckily this shot didn't suffer much from the reflection of the glass as I think that the whispy nature of the foliage would have defeated my attempts at cloning. The funny thing that happened here was the ?Korean Guy? I mentioned before was hovering around and when I clicked the shot, the chatter stopped momentarily, only to be followed by a barrage that, would have startled this fellow if he was a fast mover, and his off-sider said, in stilted English "Excuse me please, Why do you photography that Tree?" I raised my eyebrow in an almost perfect parody of "The Rock's - People's Eyebrow" and I replied I don't snap indoor trees it is the chameleon!

The chattering intensified and got louder until the little girl that was with them said what I took yo be the Korean Equivilent of "Eureka" and they all started tapping on the glass which had to have scared the chameleon so I wandered off and got the shot of the coiled snake, from yesterday. Alas you are aware that they caught up to me by the time I got to the Iguana, or as Tammy calls it a Ron's Ocelot, don't harass her (that's my job).

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Great shot. I love the monochromatic color scheme and the chameleon.

Sunny said...

Cool shot, Ron! Took me a minute to see the chameleon. (Guess that's why it's a chameleon, huh??)

Edmund said...

Hmm, Hmm,Looks like a Dinosourrexus to me. Are you sure its a chameleon. Nicely done.

Candyce said...

most definitely monochromatic

Anonymous said...

Even with my bad eyesight, I saw him right away! :D Perhaps he wasn't in his full camouflage mode?? But swell shot, Ron! And as usual, great chatter to the tale too.

Doesn't the word "monotone" mean of one tone? If so, you certainly aced this one.

Anonymous said...

Super shot! Are you sure you didn't really photograph an indoor tree then clone a chameleon on another layer just to show off your photoshop skills again? I'm green with envy, just like the chameleon.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I love the tones/chromes in this! And your composition is spot on, with the chameleon having lots of space to move or look into. With the chameleon out of focus and the leaves and braches in focus it gives the image a surreal look. Funny story too.............

MevetS said...

Time to spring for a new dictionary:

"monotone |ˈmänəˌtōn|• of a single color : this monotone effect is responsible for making the room seem larger than it is."

Nice zoo shots.

barbs said...

Great shot. I didn't see him right away either - so a challenge within the challenge huh?

Linda S said...

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, but eventually even us slow ones catch on. Nice shot.

Anonymous said...

Very artsy-fartsy of you Ron!

Debra said...

Sounds to me like you aced this one. Very cool shot of the chameleon. Not fond of glass tappers either.

Brita said...

Great shot! I love green and to me this is just perfect mono...whatever. And I love your stories too and your comments, thanks for them.

Anonymous said...

So you don't take photos of trees? I do. Close-ups of bark, and I've had people come up to me and ask if I'm taking shots of ants.

The photographer is always misunderstood! :-)

Bo

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, Ron! The monotone foliage really provides some good camoflage.

Chesney said...

I agree with Edmund, you better check that out! Great image, even if you ARE harassing me!

Lorri said...

I had to take a second look to find the chameleon, Ron! Middle daughter used to raise chameleons; they're amazing little creatures and very gentle. Nice shot and a great way to illustrate the theme.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! All those beautiful shades of green and perfect lighting....amazing!!!!!

mljrbg said...

I'm with Edmund on this one!! I thought it looked like a dinosaur too!! Great shot through the glass.