Tuesday, February 3, 2009

#165-365 Landscape

Went for a trip to Bribie Island (about an hour up the road) to try and get some birdlife shots so I took my 70-300 mm lens + 2X teleconverter, but it looks like they all flew South for the Summer. I did notice though that the nearby Glasshouse Mountains (Named by Captain James Cook - Our Finder (not founder, FINDER) as he sailed past Redcliffe which he also named). I am waiting to get into the Glasshouse mountains and do some bracketing to have a go at HDR so more of those to come. I did say I had the 70-300 well I couldn't get them all in shot but love the shot I did get, the Pelicans roosting in the foreground were a bonus, but the hazeiness made the GH indistinct so this is one of my first attempts at using layers to bring out the shapes and some details and I love what I was able to achieve. When Sally saw the final product she said that is just how they appeared as if "Outlined in Mist". They did but I did nothing to build that up I just used multiple layers with opacity adjustment and one layer of enhancement on the forground and water.

I am leaving now - most upset by the rude comments Tammy made regarding my drinking habits, and her threat if I don't reveal the solution. So with fear and trepidation I will reveal the solution. It occured when I was in High school and a friend copied what I had written for an English test, but I got 100% whereas she only got 98%, so queried the discrepancy and for years I carried the answer the teacher gave around with me, alas it has gone now that was one or two years ago. So here is what my memory of the reply was:

Ron, while Phillamina had had had, had had had had, had had had had a far better effect on the flow of the composition, Signed Mrs Genonnin!

Just you wait till puzzle three Tammy Try, and twist that into making me seem like a dipsomaniac.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful "Landscape" Ron.
Great depth, from the foreground to the far back. I can imagine a breeze and the sounds that are there!

terricreates said...

Nice shot Ron, and did you also find some salmon there? LOL Love the rocks/hills or are they mountains?

Unknown said...

What great history you have there. Love the landscape

Chesney said...

Wow, this is absolutely breathtaking! I can feel the breeze in my hair!!

I am looking forward to puzzle 3! Hope you and Sally have a wonderful vacation, believe it or not, you will be missed! Have fun!

~Val said...

Ron, the 5 photos over the last two days are just awesome! I love the spiral, and the moon, and this landscape of mountains across the water.

Thanks for a great visit!

jo said...

Beautiful scenery where you live, Ron.

Anonymous said...

Great shot! Bon Voyage!

Anonymous said...

I love the color and all the places your eye is drawn.

DART said...

Thanks for the mini vacation your pics take me on each time! : )

KimR. said...

So pretty! It's nice to see some color, we've only had white snowy ground and white/gray skies for the past couple of weeks.

barbs said...

I like this picture Ron. You did a great job with it. Beautiful!

Clara said...

I love how you started with the grass and ended up with the sky on the opposite side of the lake. Beautiful picture, Ron.

Kim said...

You have the most spectacular views! Lovely shot!

SysterLilli said...

You did really well with this photo. It feels like I'm standing there looking out over the mountains with the wind in my hair. You have very beautiful surroundings.

Anonymous said...

I like all the levels in this one, Ron. Grass, water, mountains...very nice.
Mike~mrod

Anonymous said...

Beautiful landscape photo.
Cathy

Edmund said...

Great shot Ron, There is a certain technique one uses and you captured it here.