Monday, May 18, 2009

#059-365 Coloured Glass

I have shown you a number of Rainbow Lorikeets here is another, but this one is created art in the form of "Leadlighting" by Sally's friend Ceridwin, who didn't want me to show this as she was struggling to hold up the piece she created, that proved too heavy for an Octogenarian, and she is showing the strain.

This piece, Cerid made for her daughter's birthday and it now adorns one of her windows, I love the colour and layout of this piece and applaud her artistic endeavours. It is possible that Cerid is the original WoW Syster as we locked intellectual horns the minute we met and I have always referred to her as the Wicked Witch of the West.

I will admit however that if I have her drive and determination at seventy that she has now in her 80s I will be a force to be reckoned with, but there is not much chance of that with the forces being brought to bear from the Systerhood.

16 comments:

Christina, Sweden said...

Lovely coloured glass piece! I can imagine how nice it looks in a windov lighten up by the sun. Me myself I have a glass-bird from OZ hanging in my outdoor rooms window to prevent real birds from flying into the glass. It's a Magpie if I remember right and I also remember the sounds of it, would very much like to have one of those for real in Sweden!

Anonymous said...

A lovely example of leaded glass and a stunning Lorikeet that Ceridwin has created. I am happy and proud to be linked to her as a Syster and I bow to her as our leader. Thanks for sharing this photo - and having the artist included makes it more special.

barbs said...

What a gorgeous piece. She is truly talented and you got a great picture of both the window and the artist

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Lead Glass windows are popular here in the States too. I know of two women who make them. This work of art is exceptional. Her art work is to be applauded, and especially at her age.

Chesney said...

Hail the Queen of the Systerhood! And what talent she has - this is absolutely stunning! Hope her talent rubs off on the rest of us Systers!! :)

~Val said...

This is a beautiful piece of work and your friend should be tickled that you captured this lovely image.

Clara said...

This is a beautiful piece of art and she is truly an inspiration. Thanks for introducing us to the wonderful lady.

Anonymous said...

Awesome colored glass pick. I'd be might proud if I could produce such a fine piece of art.

Sherrie said...

HI!
Beautiful glass work! Your lady doesn't look a day over 60, she's beautiful! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

Great portrait of the artist with her creation! I'm always amazed at the fount of creativity in some people that knows no boundaries...

mljrbg said...

She seems quite the lady!! I can't believe she was holding that up and in her 80s. I couldn't hold it up now!!

The lorikeets are beautiful and her stained glass is stunning.

Thanks for posting a photo of Ceridwin so I finally can see this very interesting lady that you so often write about.

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful! Her talent is beyond me!

annalarssonphotography said...

Beautiful piece of work!
She is truly talented :)

Anonymous said...

Your description makes me want to meet this lady. Maybe it's that she looks like she is about to tear a piece out of you. ;-) Her glasswork is beautiful I like how you photographed her holding the piece. There is also something about the road behind her appeals to me. Not sure why.....

DART said...

fabulous work by a fabulous lady--this is such a gorgeous art piece!

anastasia said...

well done ron,,good photo of the w.w.o.t.w,,,great art work also..what talanted folk we have living in and around redcliffe.anastasia