Thursday, September 3, 2009

#067-365 Costume

And now for something completely different! (Sorry Monty) If you can remember back to my series of shots showing the Paniyiri Festival (Greek Festival), on the way to that Festival Sally and I decided to travel by train and while we were purchasing our Tickets at the Sandgate Railway Station, this Canny Gentleman and Cohort turned up as there was also a Highland Festival being conducted that weekend.
Never being one to be backward in coming forward, I asked if I could grab a shot of the Costune, which the friend off to his right informed me was the "Scottish National Uniform". They were both apparently fun loving folks who were determined to have a good day that day and even I couldn't put a dampener on that aim. Yes I did ask the Perennial Question and was dutifully informed that everything under both kilts was in perfect working order, and that nothing was worn at all, at all - Cheeky Bugger aint I.

13 comments:

Christina, Sweden said...

So I did not have to ask if you asked them that ;-)
If men as goodlooking in kilts is another issue......

Christina, Sweden

~Val said...

Ron, this is a great shot of two finely-clad gents, but I'm wondering why you didn't crop out the rump of the unidentified fellow in the lower right edge of your picture?

Anonymous said...

Why aren't I surprised that you asked the expected question. What great diversity to come upon these guys on your way to another ethnic celebration.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Thank you so much for this photo. Dudes in kilts are just totally cool. I keep trying to convince my husband of that. Maybe someday...I can dream.

Chesney said...

Fun image, but maybe a little too much info.....LOL

tterlyn said...

I''m with Val on this one, nice butt :) LOL ...
But I didn't want to say it. LOL

Livet på Citronodlingen said...

But did you check? ;o)

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Sorry for you Butt obssessed Ladies I hardly noticed, but it does tag it as an Authentic Aussie shot, not one taken in Scotland or some other outlandish place, I never noticed the other guy cause we all dress like that in winter over here, not so formal in Summer. Ha!

lijola said...

Ha-ha! This is a great photo for the theme, too.

Anonymous said...

Super shot and a good story to go along with it, and trust you to be bold enough to get the whole story.

Brita said...

What a great shot and good to know that all's in great working order... the one on the left is wearing my favorite pattern and so cool, that you're not backward in coming forward. What great shot's we'd miss if you were.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that I was sure THEY didn't think of it as a costume!
Maybe there's a beautiful breeze blowing and that's why this chap is smiling!

Clara said...

They look like two fun-loving gentlemen. Great shot.