Saturday, August 29, 2009

#054-365 Closed

There is a newish housing Estate, near us comprisung primarily, Man Made Canal Properties, with some adjacent land not actually involving Canal building but sharing the Estate Name. I went for a walk through this are the other day just to see what it entailed. I encountered this sign attached to a wire mesh fence closing off what has to be hundreds and could be thousands of acres of swamp/scrub land. Now I don't know the Law all that well, but I see no authority or even company name listed here, and when I ran the Permit Number Listed through the web I got a totally Null return, there may be a time in the near future when I disappear off the web as I am tempted to go wandering in this area as it currently seems to house an abundance of water birds and God knows what else, and I think it should be at least photographed before it is gone for ever. So if you don't hear from me for a while come and visit me in Gaol, as it doesn't say Trespassers will be shot.

10 comments:

lijola said...

This sounds like the start of a good mystery!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. Feel like living on the edge, do you? Go knocking on a few doors "downtown" to see what you stir up before you jump the fence. See if you get permission to photograph God's great natural creatures. Can't hurt. But fence jumping might. :D

Chesney said...

We will all miss you, Ron! :)

tterlyn said...

Well, I'm with Iona, check first. If not its been nice seeing your pics so far. We'll all miss your sense of humour too. Good luck though.

Anonymous said...

So you ignore stop signs too? :)

Anonymous said...

Do make sure that Sally has sufficient bail money on hand to spring you from behind bars (or at least has a handsome young buck in the wings to take care of her in your absence!) At this point, you've captured the theme quite well - this place is definately closed!

BobbieCoughlin said...

Maybe we can take up a collection to help you post bail.

mljrbg said...

It just say trespassers will be prosecuted so be sure to show Sally how to log on to your blog to keep us updated on your whereabouts!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should check with the polic or someone as to whether those signs really belong there or not Inspector Clouseau.

Clara said...

Please don't go, Ron. We can't do without you.