Saturday, May 9, 2009

#190-365 Multiples

This may need to be enlarged but there are in fact three different pairs of sea birds all roosting in very close proximity on this outcrop of rock. What makes this of interest to me is that the rocks and therefore the birds are within a stones through of a busy construction site building the northern approaches of the bridge I posted as Trio some month ago.

The bridge is well under way with about one third of the span, having been completed already, and it appears that South bound traffic will travel on the Eastern Spans and North Bound on the west. This is all very good but the schamozzle that they have on both approaches at present, indicates to me that it will be an even bigger traffic jam on completion than it is now. But in any event at least the birdlife will have somewhere to sit.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to live near the ocean. I'm curious what's across the water? Are you on a bay and looking at another part of the mainland or is that an island?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot, especially when enlarged. The colors and textures are terrific.

Chesney said...

You are right (that's a first), those rocks are awesome against that bright blue water! Stunning!

Debra said...

I do like the color of this and the contrast of the rocks and water.

mljrbg said...

I think I'm missing the point...a bigger traffic jam upon completion? What's that all about?

Great shot and it definitely needs enlarging.

Sunny said...

Are those cormorants I recognize? Great shot of them (whatever they are), and the rocks. Enlarged, it's striking!

Rachel said...

Your photos always have such strong color in the water and the sky that I forget to look at the other elements! I like the rocks against the water, too.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot! You're right, it looks fabulous enlarged~

DART said...

amazing to me that this is so close to a construction site---it looks like it is in the middle of nowhere! such a pretty spot!