Thursday, February 12, 2009

#280-365 Shopping

Sorry Guys your Holidays are over, I'm Back (Sorry Arnie) only have about 1,500 snaps to sort through to find the Wheat amongst the Chafe, so lucky I had a few in reserve to tide me over.

I was busy photographing this Cookie Counter at a Local Shopping Centre, when this little girl and her father hove into view. He noticed what I was doing and made to make her stand out of shot, she hadn't seen me, her focus was elsewhere. Being an opportunist I asked if I could include her in the shot and he was okay with the idea.

I then asked if she could hold the bit of paper that she was holding up as if it was a shopping list, He confirmed that it was a shopping list, (Snap the shot you see) so to make conversation I asked what's on the List? He replied in a sombre voice, "Cookies all the sorts of cookies she intends to buy - Just like Mummy" So maybe the theme should be connoisseur, not shopping, but in any event I love her concentration.

17 comments:

jo said...

The young shopper turns a nice shot into a wonderful shot!

Anonymous said...

Nice take on shopping. I like the lighting coming from the case too.

Cookies, huh? I could have her go shopping for me!

Bo

Chesney said...

"Hmmm, I'll take one of everything"! What a smart girl! Great catch and welcome back!

Nan said...

Great set up and capture. Glad to have you back. Looking forward to lots of holiday pictures in the coming days.

Linda S said...

I like the way the girl is ignoring you and concentrating on the sweets. Nice photo.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I love this shot, she seems overwhelmed by everything and can't make up her mind!

barbs said...

Ron, This pic came out great. It looks so candid even though you had a little help.

barbs said...

Ron, Great "candid" picture - even though you had a little help. Good to have you back

Debbie said...

Great photo! I can almost smell the cookies!

Anonymous said...

This is sweet, (what pun?) I like the light from the case and her serious look. Good one and welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Cookies are important and her concentration proves that - but what was it you said about a calorie-concious challenge and get thee behind me Satan???

PatB said...

Good for you for seizing the opportunity for a great picture! Love her cute little painted toes, very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sharp focus...yours and hers! The sight of all those cookies has made her toes curl. Great shot!

SysterLilli said...

This is a great shot of shopping. She really looks concentrated and very hungry for all the cookies.

mljrbg said...

Welcome back Ron!! I do have to say it has been very quiet around here!! Cute photo. I hope she picked something yummy!!

Edmund said...

Nice job and the girl adds to itvery much so.

DART said...

ya mean they have cookie stores and I've been doing the work all by myself!!??!! LOL She has definitely spotted something she wants! (but her poor ankles--I used to do that as a kid and I'm paying for it now)