Saturday, August 8, 2009

#160-365 Intersection

Another of my subdued Psuedo HDR Effect photos, this one is Brisbane Airport. It shows a newly arrived Virgin Blue flight passing in front of a Qantas domestic flight moving on to the runway to get ready for take off. I only took my 18-70mm Lens with me, and at first thought it was a mistake, (Not being able to get up close). This shot has more punch with the boost in colour and saturation provided by the HDR Effect and when I first saw the shot (pre-HDR) in the computer, I thought the razor wire will be easy to clone out with all that grass, but the HDR Effect has given it a golden hue that I find appealing so it stays in. The overgrown clover at the front doesn't look in the least real, but there were spindlly stalks growing through it, and being ex Army I tend to gravitate towards anything GREEN, Hi Karen!

4 comments:

~Val said...

I have to agree...I kind of like the looped wire in the forground. Adds an extral layer of interest to this photo.

lijola said...

An interesting selection for the theme. Agree with the razor wire staying in - it does add interest to foreground.

Chesney said...

I love this in HDR, love the dimension it gives the shot (and of course the colors). How are you liking that lens - I have been considering it....

Anonymous said...

Looks like a crash about to happen and yes the razor wire add a nice tension to go with the slightly acidic colors.