Thursday, March 19, 2009

#036-365 Broken

Again I am in trouble when it comes to the littoral meaning of the Theme Word. To me this photo screams BROKEN, but it is not! WELL that is what the Zoo authorities would have us believe. This was an overhanging set of branches giving wonderful shade on a hot day, but I wasn't the only person who didn't believe the sign, telling all that the branch wasn't broken, and all that you can see was just giving support for a tree that had seen better days.
Everyone hurried through, me included, after I had taken the snap. I do think though that the attention paid to detail in this "Support" work is of the highest quality thereby giving the general public confidence that "they" knew what "they" were doing (NOT). In all honesty though it does have appeal in the fact that "someone" really thought that this was as good a job as they could do, and that people were stupid enough to sit on the seats provided in the pleasant shaded area directly under this "Work of Art" generally though the zoo was looking in good order and I loved the fact that they have done away with many of the old "Cages" that I think made the animals suffer, they legitimately care for the animals and with money in short supply trees CAN WAIT (I got a laugh anyway) I also liked that they still have the horrific pens that the Sunbears were "Housed" in open for the public to view I think as an apology to the bears. Not sure that I will show these shots though I can't view them without choking yet. (Guilt = I went there and said nothing). Hope you enjoyed my Non-Broken Broken, I did.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shot! I love the color and whimsey and it's absolutely perfect for this theme.

Rachel said...

It looks broken to me! I love all the colors against the brown of the tree.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the arborist was on a break, odd tree surgery but good colors. Fun one.

mljrbg said...

Fun colors but the branch looks like it needs a new doctor.

Anonymous said...

Well, even if it wasn't broken, it is colorful! Makes for a good photo study on what to believe and not believe. And yes, perfect for the theme.

Chesney said...

Oh, c'mon Ron, I see trees like that all the time, NOT!! LOL Fun image for the theme!

Debra said...

Ah, I am thinking something is broken and if it's not the tree, it is the person who came up with this "support". Very funny. Was there a hidden video camera to catch people's expressions?

Anonymous said...

It looks like it's in a cast that someone decorated. Really funny - and precarious!

Anonymous said...

Broken must mean different things to different folks. Love the colors on this broken tree.

Bo

Clara said...

I have really never seen that before, but with so many of our decorative trees getting very old, we may see more of that in the future.

Anonymous said...

Love that shot!! It's kind of like Corey's cast!

Anonymous said...

You are a unique individual, Ron! So glad you're doing this challenge! I LOVE this shot for the theme ... no one said the themes were literal!!!

Candyce said...

sure looks broken to me...and if it's not they did a heck of a job to make it look broken..

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great shot! I love all the colors, and if it's not broken they did a lot of work for nothing. :o)
/Viktoria