Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#286-365 Skeletal


This is the shot I got for my big climb of a few days ago, it qualifies for the theme because it is all that is left of the giant volcano that once stood on this site, and has been eroded to what you see here, following several submersions into the sea over the milleniums It is as I have said before the Glasshouse Mountains as named by Captain Cook as he sailed past on his way North.

I had to process this a fair bit to get the clarity you see, although there is still a goodly amount of mist/smoke evident it was a fun job to lessen it and show the view that would be there on a clear day. I am pleased with the results although a friend objected to the expanse of non indigenous pine trees spread out in the foreground, so later I will show a shot of the main Massif seen on the left "Tibogargan" shown with a truely Native frame.

Iona says the Link doesn't work but when I tried it, it worked fine, let me know if there are other probs as I don't have Google Earth on this computer, She also complained that the haze would have improved it so I am adding a SOOC shot so you can judge the difference. I prefer the processed one. HERE is an alternate Link with some history and Info as it appears that link is a bit dicey on second checking.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to be well worth the effort! I'm sure that hermit crab from the previous post didn't have a view like this! Well done mate.

Anonymous said...

Well worth the climb! Wonderful processing of this amazing sight. Once again it is so swell to see what you do.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous shot! Tell your friend that the 'expanse of pine trees' does not detract from your beautiful shot.

Chesney said...

Ron, I would say go climb another hill if you are going to get images like this one! I hear it will be nice tomorrow....

tterlyn said...

Congrat's on your climb! I like the processing you have done here. Sounds like you could have a cold one now.

Anonymous said...

Love the vista of your reward for the climb. Wonderful scene which you captured very well. I like the pine trees. Nothing wrong with them. :D

Think I would have preferred a little smokey haze to all the over-treatment. I went to your link, yet the only link at the site that was active was google earth.

lijola said...

Nice one...I am glad you put both photos in, the treatment does let you see more of the sights.

Anonymous said...

I like seeing both with and without haze, but I think I like the one without the best. Well worth your efforts to hike up there - nice shot!

Clara said...

A nice little reward for your climb. Your processing looks very good.