Monday, February 2, 2009

#298-365 Spiral

I am not trying to infer that the atmosphere in Australia is the colour of the background in my last two pictures, they are both a result of background/foreground foliage. Yesterday I think it was movement caused due to the exposure time of the Moon shot but here it is my concept of Bokeh and again I love what I achieved as it was what I wanted. BTW this isn't a spiral Galaxy, it is a passionfruit tendril growing along our fence.

For those soles interested I will post the solution to puzzle #2 tomorrow morning just before we leave on our trip, so if you know the solution you have about 24 hours until all is revealed (Unless I forget and Tammy will confirm my unreliability).

See ya

16 comments:

mljrbg said...

Very interesting. Thanks for identifying it as I had no idea what it was.

Anonymous said...

That's a really cool shot. Good eye to see the spiral there...

Anonymous said...

And I still don't get why your background is green in your previous (moon) shot. How can foliage be a background to a celestial body? Any foliage will be in front of the moon, not behind it. So confused....

DART said...

that's a pretty spiral shot!

Anonymous said...

That does look out of this world Ron, it's eerily beautiful. I'm with Julie on the moon shot.

Candyce said...

lol I'm glad you said what it was as well I was lost! love the spiral - soooo that's a bokeh?

Clara said...

Great, Ron. You are excelling in picking out details.

SysterLilli said...

Lovely! I know it was some kind of plant, but I never could have guessed it was a passionfruit. One of my favorite fruits. So nice to be able to go out to the fence and pick one. :)

Sunny said...

A most interesting shot! Ain't nature grand (and occasionally a little weird)?
Well done!

Chesney said...

Ok, Ron, I am looking for the answer to your puzzle - better be there b4 you leave - the tickers ticking.....
by the way, love your bokeh and your spiral!

Lorri said...

Good catch for using this for the theme! One of those thigns we see so often that we no longer "see" them!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how many natural spirals there are in nature. Lvoe the bokeh in this photo, too.

Linda aka Elemobe said...

Nice one and have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

This is just perfect for the theme, it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot and great spiral to illustrate the theme.

Edmund said...

Ron, great take on this theme. Be careful where you sit. Great image.