Sunday, January 11, 2009

#197-365 Neglected

This place has a neat lawn and the rubbish bins are put out every week, but when I moved here about 15 Years ago I thought that place could do with a coat of paint, still could.

Take Note: As of tomorrow I will be posting a series of photos of a Local fence decorated with Australian Aboriginal Art And I Love it. Please don't take exception to my repeatedly stating that all Australian Aboriginal Art is copyright, and as such I will give contact details for those interested in following up this fascinating subject. If you are impressed by our culture that theirs existed for a full 40,000 years unchanged until we came along and longevity must mean something. Hope you like it.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I don't live here just pass by often, It is in a position with ocean views overlooking the cliffs Redcliffe was named for. I couldn't afford to live here the land would be worth about four million dollars Aust.

There has been a bit of interest in this so I will expand on the shot in ElementsVillage Pixel Hangout under Neglected

10 comments:

KimR. said...

Your place has a lot of character! And I'm loving that green and yellow lawn right now (ours is brown and drab). Nice shot!

Chesney said...

This is full of personality, Ron! Love the lines in the house on this! I am really looking forward to you next series of images - I love being taken to places I have never been - kinda like a mini vacation....

terricreates said...

Here and maybe there too its called distressed. Often things noted as distressed are of much more value than those which are not. That may be true with this place too. It seems to have a lot of character. Nice picture.

Anonymous said...

Nice capture for the theme, Ron! The old wood provides a nice contrast to the fresh green grass and yellow flowers.

Candyce said...

I love the big lawn..can't wait to see the art pics that you are going to post

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim - your place is rich in character. I can't wait to see your photographs of Australian Aboriginal Art. You always capture your subject so perfectly, Ron!

DART said...

I think it needs it now more than ever! Perhaps it was waiting until you got your shot! Now there's a neighbourhood painting party coming up! lol

Anonymous said...

And ours is covered in about 8 inches of snow... this house could definitely use a painting, but it's much more interesting in all its peeling glory.

mljrbg said...

Too bad it's been so neglected. I'm sure the neighbors aren't very happy about that.

Debbie said...

I bet there are many advantages to not keeping the house paited!