Thursday, July 2, 2009

#351-365 Warnings

I thought that this would be the best post for entering the second half of this challenge, because now things get progressively tougher to display the beauty we have seen to date. Speaking of tough and beautiful, this is a Bouganvillia thorn which is the price for getting too close to these gorgeous flowers.

Some asked if yesterday's shot was with a new lens and the answer is no! Both of these photos were taken with my Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 APO DG Lens set to Macro Mode which has given me all the small flower and bee shots that I have posted and enjoyed taking. This was the second lens I bought and reading some reviews I was worried before it arrived, but since then I could not have been more pleased with the purchase than I have ever been with anything I have bought. It's versatility and robustness greatly makes up for the fact that it is a tad on the heavy side. It was the reason I bought a second D70s Camera so that I could have a second camera with that lens permanently attached, and that plan worked good for my Sydney trip.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THIS is perfect for this theme, Ron!! Great capture.

~Val said...

What a unique perspective on this plant. Usually, all I see are the flowers!

Anonymous said...

Thorns and I are well acquainted. Although I've not encountered these particular ones. As far as your lens, I don't have any experience with any, so therefore cannot comment. Good shot to fit the theme.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your interpretation of this theme....so creative....and the photo itself is stunning! The detail, color and background are wonderful!!!! Fabulous shot!

Chesney said...

So, instead of celebrating that you are half way done, you are warning us the hardest ones are yet to come, hmmmm....are you a half glass full or half glass empty person?? LOL What a gorgeous macro - the 70 - 300 & 55-250 lenses are my favorites too, you can get a huge variety of pics w/ them!

mljrbg said...

Beautiful shot. The colors are fabulous.

Clara said...

Great macro. That thorn looks evil.

Rachel said...

Incredible shot, Ron. I love the close-up.

Anonymous said...

This one does look pretty ominous a good warning to stay away if you spot it before it spots you!

lijola said...

Really like this shot - it's a great interpretation and the detail is excellent.