Saturday, January 31, 2009

#250-365 Rainbow

Was awake early the other day making my normal sensible comments to your posts when Sally screamed from the bedroom "Type More Quietly - How is a person supposed to sleep - Don't you know it's 5.15am?" I confirmed that I did, got her a cup of tea, and when she had finished suggested a walk - I won't repeat the reply but needless to say we went and Here is the Reward. It had drizzled all night and was still fairly dull when I snapped this shot and although it isn't SOC it represents pretty well what I saw and I can't remember what I did to ?fix? it but basically all I tried to do was highlight the rainbow and I am happy with the result achieved.

12 comments:

Esther said...

This is fantastic! Every rainbow I have tried to photograph just didn't come out as expected.

Nan said...

What a lovely reward for getting up and walking so early!

Chesney said...

Ok, I do have to admit, this is one stunning image! Really good for a man who has a "sore" finger! :)

~Val said...

Nice catch! Thank your wife for inviting you to join her on her morning walk.

Candyce said...

Ron this is beautiful the walkway seems to just blend into the rainbow - so beautiful - you don't want to know the response I would have given you at 5am!!

SysterLilli said...

Beautiful photo you got there. And so early in the morning. :)

My boring shot is a flooded fotball field. But today we actually had a little sunshine for the first time in far too many days. Life is good! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It has a very mystical feel to it!

Anonymous said...

Pretty as a painting!

Debra said...

A lovely shot; wonderful feeling to it.

Anonymous said...

I think you've bagged our first rainbow! Congrats, Ron. And I'll miss your humor while you are away - you always make me laugh.

mljrbg said...

Brautiful rainbow even if you had to get up early!!

Anonymous said...

Somewhere over the rainbow....I guess it's where you & Sally are!