Friday, November 6, 2009

#273-365 Seeds


This is another case of Council doing what it likes, then trying to explain their actions. In this case the trees were ripped out without any notice or concern. The trees had originally been planted as a memorial to Australian servicemen who fell at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli, and I believe were sourced from trees found at Gallipoli. Ripped em down didn't give a damn, then rushed off to where they had been dumped and in theory gathered some seeds from them and planted this paltry "Grove" Which I hope has some meaning for those who lost pople at that conflict. To me however it is just another symbol of how government has no regard for the people who pay their wages. Now Brisbane is going to install another 5,000 parking meters and they are trying to tell us it isn't revenue raising. I wish that they would take some of the manure they are sprouting and put it under the trees - maybe the trees can swallow it - I don't!

3 comments:

lijola said...

Wow, that type of thing must happen the world over. Amazing that government-types are so similar.

Pennyz Image Inn said...

What a creative and heartfelt use of the theme you have chosen. Gave me goose bumps .

Chesney said...

It's amazing how they can look you in the face and say parking meters make them no revenue - LOL I am sure someone is making a small fortune from them. As I always say, gotta love that Government...